thoughts on suissegold.ch? and buying from overseas dealers

Discussion in 'Silver' started by xag, Nov 4, 2011.

1. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

So what are you suggesting?

2. OakMountain

OakMountain New Member

As written before: think twice and ask thrice before storing with them in Switzerland and try to find out which company branch would be responsible in case you wanna do it anyway. The same caution should apply before planning a trip to Europe with a side-trip to London for local pick-up. It`s your money so ask them until you get a definitive answer - probably referring to what happened to suissegold.ch and that you are worried or something like this.

As goes the saying: Do your own due diligence.

3. Karina152

Karina152 New Member

I totally Agree, I have made a purchase to suissegold and it has been the worse experience in my life buying gold (and I have bought a lot)
    Suissegold should be penalized by the time the take to reply to you, to excecute any movement, they don't answer the phone, they don't reply quick, they seem not to have any respect for customers and the last time I wrote them (very upset) they replied very quickly but with a Very rude email. This is not what you deserve when you put your trust in a so called "company" ion a web site. You sent them YOUR money and they don't even respect that. I have been waiting for a gold coin for OVER TWO MONTHS and still, no answer on the phone, no email, no status, I am helpless.

4. Karina152

Karina152 New Member

I mean swissegold.com from UK. very very bad experience so sad.

5. Malthus101

Malthus101 New Member

Hello everyone

I just made a sizeable purchase from suissegold.com (based out of London, from a "virtual" office)

I bought 10 x UBS gold in assay cards.

I received them but only 3 out of 10 were as shown in the pictures on the website - that is, gold bar on left, assay information on right.

The other 7 are miniature cards with the gold bar and all the assay information on the back.

To some people this might not be important - to me it is of utmost importance. I buy products based on the producer and the appearance.

I want to enjoy holding my gold - I want to be able to sell it in the future to others who also appreciate aesthetics. This is gold after all!

It's like if I saw a car in a showroom, ordered it for delivery and it turns up with different size wheels - what's the problem? It's a car! It gets you from a - b! NO.

So anyway.... as soon as I opened the package I was instantly emailing Jennifer Shields. She replied quickly with this:

"UBS produce both styles of bars. Both are 50 Gram UBS gold bars as advertised."

Unacceptable to me. I want what I saw. I want what I paid for. And like others on here..... they have now gone completely silent in responding to my complaint.

So yes, I'm a new user, woo hoo, and yeah, I came here searching for others experiences and apart from Maggie and those who bought from her, seems like many others have had a bad experience with suissegold.com too.

And yes, I was an idiot who fell for the website branding thinking they were actuality a reputable Swiss gold company. Very deceptive. And why do they seem to have almost exclusive rights to selling of UBS gold bars? So few other dealers in the UK sell them.

So now I'm stuck with a collection of gold bars that don't make me happy, in fact, make me very unhappy - thanks suissegold - first time I ordered from you, last time too.

Spread the word. I shall be looking to pursue it further anyway but just wanted to share my thoughts for anyone else considering them.

Thanks.

6. Golden

Golden Member

UBS gold bars are nothing special, Argor Heraeus makes them. Smaller ones are actually much more practical, stackable an less prone to damage. I doubt that you will get one dollar more for the ones in cards.

7. Malthus101

Malthus101 New Member

Yeah but by that argument, why don't we all just buy junk gold and junk circulated gold coins?

If it's all just the same at the end of the day....

These are expensive products - someone took the time to sit down, design the assay card, have it approved by many people... for a reason! It's appeal!

Well it worked for me, I found UBS gold cards more appealing than say, Hereaus ones.

So when I'm sent ones that don't even look the same, I get annoyed.

Then when the company in question, suissegold.com and the moron working there, Jennifer Shields who now like a child won't even reply... yeah, I'm gong to do my best to sully their reputation amongst their prospective customers.

I'm also going to pursue a formal complaint and move it on up to the ombudsman in question. They have enough bad complaints against them to warrant an official nose-around.

Cheers.