The USA and it's inability to prosecute financial fraudsters

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by 2ds, Feb 17, 2011.

1. pmfiend

pmfiend New Member

Great nations rise and fall

"From bondage to spiritual faith;
    From spiritual faith to great courage;
    From courage to liberty;
    From liberty to abundance;
    From abundance to complacency;
    From complacency to apathy;
    From apathy to dependence;
    From dependence back into bondage."

-Tytler

George Carlin gave up on his species. I'm thinking I might join him. A self-defence mechanism.

2. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

Oh, I'm far from apathetic - I just choose to spend my energy worrying about issues that I think are more important in the big scheme of things. Are you telling me that you treat absolutely every issue with the same level of importance? Of course not! I don't bash you for your priorities, and you don't get to bash me for mine - fair enough?

3. pmfiend

pmfiend New Member

Fair enough. It was an idle late-night thought. Do what you gotta do.

4. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

that's ok, no hard feelings - it's just a discussion after all.

5. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Agree that Turnbull is an agent of GS still and forever more. The thought that Abbot is the best option is incredibly depressing. Almost as depressing as the first female PM being such a good assistant to a State Premier. Talk about the Peter Principle!

Agree about physics. To quote a great conspiracy film (JFK) about physics:
    " Jim Garrison: The FBI says they can prove it through physics in a nuclear laboratory. Of course they can prove it. Theoretical physics can also prove that an elephant can hang off a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy! But use your eyes, your common sense."

I've noticed that apart from 911 the USA never seems to have photos of terrorists who blew up an embassy or a police station or a phone box on the news the next day. One building collapsed that wasn't touched by any plane or bit of another building. A lot of experts think it looked like controlled demolition, same as the main building. Oh, Washington. A passenger plane that crashed into the Pentagon and left no wreckage. Oops. Inconvenient extra facts.

Common sense tells me that a lot of people had a lot to gain from this event and there are a lot of questions on what actually happened still to be answered.

Again from JFK
    " Jim Garrison: "Treason doth never prosper," wrote an English poet, "What's the reason? For if it prosper, none dare call it treason."

It seems to be regardless of who, how or what happened on that day, the USA and the World has seen a new political paradigm arise from the 911 event, the same way the burning of the Reischstag, and any number of other 'false flag'events have changed the political paradigm. The US war machine no longer had the USSR to mobilise against so a new enemy was needed. Then a war on terror began. Is it common sense that tells me that 911 was just too convenient?

In the meantime the herd continues chewing its cud.

Quoting Bob Dylan again - 'Don't follow leaders. Watch the parking meters'.

6. margeandtina

margeandtina Member

I wouldn't discount the fact that Tony Abbott was a Rhodes scholar.

100% Establishment tool, just like that f'wit Hawke.

I can't forgive Hawke for systematically raping his constituency in the 80's. Accord anyone?

No wonder Keating hates him. Still PK wasn't perfect either. Banking deregulation anyone?

One party, two heads. We live in a world of monopolies, duopolies and oligopolies.

Dwayne, I get where you're coming from. The fact of being here means we are all activists.

Don't worry about a dystopian future, worry about the dystopian present.

Mark

7. Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon Member

Ive long considered entering politics. Just to see what would happen if someone honest and incorruptible came on to the scene.
    With the internet as my tool as opposed to old fashioned media i reckon i could pull it off.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

You saw what happened to Peter Schiff when he tried.

I wouldn't bother. They don't WANT honest and uncorruptable leadership in politics, that's the whole point.

They want people they can control and manipulate. A 'self destruct' button on their puppets is a core requirement to entering the political fold in most 'democratic' nations.

9. JulieW

10. Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon Member

Surely the things happening in the middle east now prove they dont always get what they want ;)

11. JulieW

Food riots and destabilisation are handy tools for a power like the US.
    Replace one US backed dictator with another US backed dictator.
    I think they're getting what they want.

The only tear in their plans was the GFC - but then again, that hasn't played out yet.

12. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

i doubt it tbh. These events could easily disrupt the supply of oil and that's the last thing the US wants. Their worldwide military depends on it.

Let's face it the US military protects the trade routes. If they become seriously disrupted it will lead to trouble at home.

I think they are in a bind atm, and don't really know what to do. Events are overtaking them. You can see in the way Obama is bumbling.