The USA and it's inability to prosecute financial fraudsters

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by 2ds, Feb 17, 2011.

1. 2ds

2ds New Member

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Why would wall street employees (ie government) want to prosecute wall street employees?

3. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The government both here and in the US are merely the enforcement and social control arm of the banking system. That's why we get such dysfunctional losers for Prime Ministers, they wouldn't allow an honest capable person into that post, so we get the freak show instead.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

We get what the real owners of the country want us to have.

Haven't you noticed that unless people are in the streets with pitch forks, any unpopular decision that's strongly protested against by an opposition government is left in place when they take power?

Remember all that big talk about tax reform from Rudd's camp prior to the election? How about housing affordability? Remember that?

Anyone remember what he actually DID do when he got into power?

That's right, nothing.

He never had any intention of doing anything at all because the name of the game is not to change anything the real owners of the country want, but rather give the idiot masses the illusion of control & placation.

Hence why I said what I said.

The 'government' is just a PR department for the people who own the country. Given that, why would the owners of the country want to prosecute the owners of the country?

Once people realise the illusion of what political power entails, the rest seems rather obvious.

You live in an elected dictatorship for a reason. One political propaganda party with two distinct heads with no agenda other than to keep the masses diverted so the real owners of the country can do what the want without interruption.

We are not getting idiots in power. We're getting puppets, chosen for their appeal to the masses and ability to feed propaganda in a believable fashion.

It still staggers me how the common people are still completely asleep to this very simple paradigm when it's right under their noses every day.

5. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The quote that 'politics is show business for ugly people' always rings true to me.

Since the time of Disraeli the government has been just a charade played out for the amusement of the mob. I agree AusPM. Never listen to what they say. Look at what is happening.

6. Shaddam IV

I was bemused at the last federal election - I don't think that Liberal or Labour existed in the national consciousness, all I heard people talking about was "Julia or Tony". "I wouldn't vote for Julia, I couldn't vote for an Atheist", "I wouldn't vote for Abbott, he is a Christian", "Have to vote for Julia because she is a woman".....

It really showed me that Australia never looks beyond the surface and has about as much ability for critical thinking as an episode of Kath & Kim. No-one understood that they both are hollow suits. People are too busy planning house renovations and watching Ebay to ever bother to think of anything more complex such as who holds their futures in their hands, and what they intend to do with them.

7. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

8. Shaddam IV

That's a really interesting read.... I know from personal experience some examples of "Captured Agencies" in the Australian government. Went to complain to Fair Trading about Cadbury Schweppes that their "Schweppes Lemonade" does not include lemons in the ingredients list, and is indeed completely false and misleading. They refused to take any action. Guess we know who sets their policies.

The NSW Office of State Revenue is an agency that has captured another agency - the NSW police. The NSW police are now to a large extent forced to be revenue collectors for the OSR. Not good for the effectiveness or morale of the police force. And we all know that the Federal Government has been captured by corporate interests (the banks, Monsanto, General Electric and their pet Al Gore) and that the NSW Government has been captured by property developers. In fact it looks like most NSW Labour MP's ARE property developers.

9. margeandtina

margeandtina Member

I was sharing some facts about 9/11 with a friend the other day and, quite literally,

he put his hands out in front of his face and said "I'm not listening, I'm not listening".

I suppose it's a step forward from shooting the messenger but until people can face facts

we cannot move forward.

What's this got to do with prosecuting financial fraudsters, you may ask.

9/11 was the mechanism by which the fraudsters took control of the USA, they are not going to prosecute themselves.

My refrain now is that if you believe the 9/11 Commission Report, you are an imbecile (useful idiot).

Which begs the question, are our "leaders" imbeciles or are they simply too gutless to speak

some truth to power. I suppose the option also exists that elements of our own government were "in" on the whole deal but that really is a scary thought.

(Maybe Latham's experience at the hands of the crime syndicate known as the USA gives them pause.)

If the 9/11 treachery can be more widely exposed the whole game is over.

Now, what can we do in Australia to spread the truth?

One approach I've thought about is a coronial

enquiry into the deaths of Australians in the 9/11 attacks. It was done for the Balabo five some decades after they were murdered.

Dream on, I know.

Anyway, just some thoughts on a sunny Sunday morn.

Mark.

10. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

http://www.serendipity.li/cia/cia_oz/cia_oz1.htm
    They've been consolidating since that Coup and I have no doubt that Julia and Tony and all the rest of them get 'the talk' before they get to the photo opportunity stage.
    Expect Malcolm Turnbull to be in charge after the next election.

11. pmfiend

pmfiend New Member

Anyone that looks into the 9/11 facts will find the evidence overwhelmingly disproves the US official story.

At least this Aussie with a little political muscle to flex has the guts to ask questions. President of the victorian trades hall council Kevin Bracken:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE3pMPObcGU[/youtube]

Meanwhile, I'm completely flabbergasted at the turn-around of support towards QLD premier Anna Bligh after the floods. Pull on some heart strings and people behave like idiots. I hope she doesn't call for an early election, I want enough time for her to f-up again.

12. margeandtina

margeandtina Member

The one thing I can't get over when it comes to Wikileaks is Assange's attitude to 9/11.

My cynical self thinks he's cut a deal for his own safety and his part of the Devil's

bargain is "don't mention 9/11".

All the media vilification is just a sideshow.

Mind you, we don't need Wikileaks when it comes to 9/11. There's now a mountain of evidence pointing to

the real culprits.

Mark.

13. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Wikileaks would certainly help. I'd rather eat glass than listen to 9/11 theories

14. margeandtina

margeandtina Member

Which theories?

The US Govt theory requiring the suspension of the laws of physics or scientific theories based

upon the evidence.

I'm tired of being thought the prick just because I can think critically.

Go ahead, eat glass.

Mark.

15. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I tend to share the views of Mr. Chomsky when it comes to the 9/11 truth movement.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTQ3D_FOuJo

For me wikileaks would help. It's not that I'm not skeptical but it does seem like a huge waste of fanatical energy, as Chomsky said. I have a few friends into this movement and they're getting difficult to be around.

16. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

+1

17. margeandtina

margeandtina Member

Here's a simple question, can the US Government turn off the laws of physics?

Obviously not, so one is left with the unpleasant reality that they've chosen to cover up the truth.

They can't, however, cover up facts that are in the public domain, as much as they've tried.

Just because it feels a bit "icky" to contemplate these facts will not make them go away.

Science is a pretty simple process involving making observations, formulating hypotheses (theories) based upon those observations

then testing those theories with appropriate experiments.

The results of experiments must be reproducable by independent researchers to hold weight.

NIST did not even go to the experiment phase, they just came up with a theory which can be refuted easily. In a nutshell, their so called

"pancake" theory would require momentary decelerations as each floor was encountered during the collapse(s) of the three buildings

which came down on 9/11. These decelerations did not occur as a plot of velocity versus time demonstrates.

Crickets.

By the way, I'm not a part of any movement. I'm an Applied Scientist with my own business in the field of paints and petrochemicals.

Given that the official story is patently false, what's your theory?

Mark.

P.S. Experiments which show an instance where, for example, thermite will not cut through steel is not a demonstration that it is impossible. This is like reproducing one of Edison's failed light bulb experiments and concluding that it is not possible to make a light bulb.
    This is the nature of the Popular Mechanics argument.

Edit is a typo correction.

18. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

And this is news? Of course they cover up the truth! Often.

Personally I'm just over the entire thing - I just don't care any more whether they've covered up the truth in this particular case. There's nothing I can do about it either way so I'm going to spend my time worrying about other things.

19. dickmojo

dickmojo Member

That has to be the most scary prospect of all.

Malcolm Turnbull is Goldman Sachs' absolute number 1 top man in Australia.

I'm a true liberal in the classical sense of the word, and I can hack Tony Abbott, even if he is a bit of a loose-lipped clown, (and more of a conservative than a classical liberalist), but the prospect of having Turnbull in charge, zealously promoting his carbon tax (which to my mind is just a front to institute a mechanism of taxation to be able to support a global government over and above federal jurisdictions, and has nothing to do with global warming... think about it: states already charge sales tax, nations already charge income tax, they're not going to put in a financial transaction tax since that is the source of their power, what is left to tax except the air that we breathe?) scares the willies out of me.

It seems to me that Abbott is the only thing standing between us common ppl and the elitist's plan for a carbon tax regime and all the sinister implications of New World Order that could possibly follow. So they way I see it, it's really a choice between Abbott and slavery to the elitists, so I hope very hard he can succeed.

20. dickmojo

dickmojo Member

And the irony is that it was her own government's flawed water/dam management plans that caused/exacerbated the flooding problems in the first place ^^