Strengthening AUD after Paris attacks

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by sterling-nz, Nov 22, 2015.

1. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

I've heard that too.

2. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No it doesn't, and the reason why they don't go to any of those other countries is because they're not signatories to the UN Refugee Convention like we are.

We have an obligation - that we voluntarily took on - to look after asylum seekers.

Those dozen other countries between here and Syria have no such obligation. There is no such thing as an "asylum seeker" in Saudi Arabia, or the UAE, or Pakistan, or India, or Bangladesh, or Myanmar, Thailand, Malaysia or Indonesia. Africa can't look after the people there already, so going south isn't really an option. There's nothing to the north except uninhabitable desert and a few other countries that don't recognize refugees. Turkey, to the west is hosting more than a million refugees already and not coping well.

That leaves Western Europe to the north-west and Australia and New Zealand to the South East as viable options where asylum seekers can go to (a) not be persecuted and/or killed, and (b) get on with life in a new community.

We also have data on how many people arrive and how many are found to be legitimate asylum seekers i.e. the vast majority of them. We know they are, by and large, legitimate refugees but we can't legally chuck them on the first plane back to where they came from, so we stick them in concentration camps on desert islands.

And the whole thing is a charade to distract people from important issues, like how we maintain and improve our standard of living in a globalized economy.

Why is it that sovereignty is so important when it comes to a few dozen people on a boat, but as soon as a multi-national corporation moves a billion dollars overseas to avoid paying any tax the whole sovereignty thing suddenly becomes all a bit too hard?

3. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There are other much closer countries then Australia that they have much better prospects of being accepted but they choose to come here from the other side of the globe. That does not add up. They are of the same ilk as all those young freeloader scums entering the EU.

If we relax our borders and refugee policy we will have thousands to millions coming here and then it will be too late because we already put big the welcome sign out. We will all suffer from our hip pocket to our lifestyle and so on for rest of our lives. Then they will want to change our laws to sharia laws just like starting to happen in UK and other EU nations. A disaster for us and all future generations of Australians!

Send them all back so everyone in world knows - Australia will NOT let you in !

Freeloader scums not welcome here !

4. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Yes, that is exactly what the native aboriginals said when the 1st "white" refugees landed here. If we let these white pricks in then soon we will have thousands to millions coming in.
    Look what they did in the Americas. Freeloading scum. They will want to change our law to the bloody kings law just like America and Canada.
    A disaster for us and future generations they said.
    Send them all back so everyone in the world knows-we will not let you in.

It seems they were right as well.

5. aleks

aleks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Back on topic, we now have it on good authority ( Billy Meier and sterling-nz) that we have just put in a good bottom at 7160 and can now go higher

6. Skyrocket

No, that is a different story and time too!

Back then there was no UN or international laws. It was all about conquering foreign lands and do what thy will was the whole of the law. Australia was a vast country with a TINY Aboriginal population spread out far and wide with no governing body. Because of that Australia was always going to be taken over by some country. Aborigines should recognize that and be glad it was England that came and not some other country like China or nearby Asian ones like Indonesia. Instead of a population of around 20 million today, it be more like 200 million. No way would those countries give back Aborigines vast sections of land. And also those nations have worse human rights then ours now. Aborigines should be glad England took over and not some other. So should we all be!

7. tolly_67

According to you and every other child/grandchild/great great grandchild of the early "refugees"
    This opinion is not shared by those that were dispossessed, had their laws revoked and forced into a way of life they did not understand
    The do not share your views and are not "glad" that it was the British that took the land from them.

You never cease in you efforts to educate others on the "evils" of refugees when you are actually a refugee yourself.
    You need to look in the mirror first.
    The reality is that by and large, the vast majority of refugees are decent, hardworking people......exactly as it has been with the every refugee intake over the last 200 years.
    Amongst all peoples, however, there are always some that will inevitably seek to hurt others.
    We have always had prisons full of people, bombs have gone off in cities, mass slaughters have occurred.....yes, in Australia.....and yes they where white people.
    We are all the same. We have the same needs. We all feel love and pain and want the best for our families.

8. col0016

col0016 Active Member

Me thinks you don't know the difference between a refugee, migrant and convict sent to a penal colony.

refugee
    rfjdi/
    noun
    noun: refugee; plural noun: refugees

a person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster.
    "tens of thousands of refugees fled their homes"

English settlers/colonisers/invaders were not refugees.

9. Skyrocket

Whoever invaded and took over this land, the aborigines back then were always going to be murdered, run off, ect, and wouldn't have liked it. They would have felt like that whoever took over.

You got refugees mixed up with migrants there.

By your way of thinking we all should feel guilty for our descendants past and leave Australia just for the Aborigines again, so another country can quickly take it over for themselves.

10. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

Sure can, just have to figure out how to stop mine then ill share my success.
    Do not hold your breath though (lol), i have no intentions of giving up this vice for some time to come:)

11. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

Thanks aleks, you can hold me to it in the future.
    Maybe take a page out of jesters book and post my statement as a byline:)

12. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So working with 'some' is representative of all? Fair enough. And what if they don't leech?

DT

13. hussman

hussman Member

How do you know what a true asylum seeker would do?

14. col0016

col0016 Active Member

Is the government subsidising this, or are they allowed to pay below the award wage? Otherwise I don't know where 12,000 job are magically going to appear from.

15. tolly_67

So the first fleet were "migrants"......that's very interesting. Perhaps it would be more accurate to refer to them as "uninvited economic migrants"
    It was lucky for them there was no Department of Immigration then. There is no way they would accept unskilled, unwashed, uneducated white people with a high chance of offending.

16. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Not to mention the convicts, which is why the soldiers were sent here in the first place. :p

17. Ghost

Ghost Member Silver Stacker

It's going to be interesting to see where they pull these thousands of jobs from, considering the current unemployment rate and number of 457 visas still in the country, not to mention the number of Centrelink job seekers...

Uncle Colin Barnett has offered to house some of the 2000 new terrorists WA put its hand up for in the brand spanking new Pelago luxury appartments (for free) in the "city" of Karratha where unemployment is at an all time high since the end of the boom... Oh well, they should have plenty of free time to build bombs and start a new boom...

18. Skyrocket

By putting myself in the shoes of a true asylum seeker who had to flee their home. I would flee to the nearest and most likely nation that would accept me. I wouldn't pick and choose and say to myself that I will bypass all these other nearer countries that would accept me and instead pay to go half way around the world to the least likely country to accept asylum seekers because that would make me an illegal economic migrant scum pretending to be an asylum seeker. That is NOT what a true asylum seeker would do.

They all know Australia has become one of the best/richest countries to live in.

19. tolly_67

You have absolutely no idea what it is like to be them. You're like the king in the castle as he overlooks the starving minions he despises and righteously declares that he knows how they must feel.

20. Skyrocket

You mean the king that overlooks HIS starving minions of people? Those BS asylum seekers trying to get into Australia are NOT Australians.

Sure there might be a small minority of them that are true asylum seekers but most are not.

By your way of thinking Australia should let all the asylum seekers around the world to come and live here so they can stuff the country, take our jobs, lower our wages, change our way of life, ect, ect, nothing good can come out of it for us or the country.