STRATEGY TO BUY AND EXIT IN SILVER

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Dr, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Dr

Dr New Member

MARKET OUTLOOK

This week expect sideways movement in silver price. Last week silver had the chance to go up on bad financial news, but it didn't go up. Huge resistance at $20.60. If silver is unable to break $20.60 with high volume, is poised to test again $18.10 and hit $17 candle.

Buy in the dips.

Good luck!

2. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Why would you? Until QE stops investing in shares will provide a better return AND Dividends

I dont believe in placing all your eggs in the same basket ( I have a good stack of silver ) but dont see the value in PM's at this point in time.

3. Dr

Dr New Member

Are you seeing the big correction we are having and finishing in PMs? OK, so the stock market will have very soon the same big correction. Up to you buddy.

4. Dr

Dr New Member

Govs are doing a great job. That thought you have in your brain is what all govs want people to think. They like to manage nice sheep...

5. Court Jester

but that is potentially years away, the stock market "correction" will be triggered by QE being tapered off / stopped. At this point I will sell the bulk of my shares and move more into PM's but we are probably years away from this happening.

The correction you are talking about in PM's has been a downward slide since 2011 and I dont see it heading back in the opposite direction for a while yet. And when it does move I dont see tripple digitsin its future -$50-$70 maybe for a very short term spike we wont see this price sustained.

6. Court Jester

well as they say a fool and their money are soon parted, go out and spend all your money on Pm's. In 5 years you might beable to sell it back for less than the inflation adjusted price you paid for it.

with the huge hall of silver just recovered from the floor of the ocean I dont see prices going "to da moon" any time soon ( though I think if they sold some of those vintage bars here on SS they will get well above spot price )

7. Dr

Dr New Member

The way you write I can tell you don't understand markets dynamics. The correction in stock is coming in months, not years buddy. Hopefully you are not a bull trapped on this, like you probably are in silver.

I agree the correction in PMs has not finished yet. So be ready to take positions. Good luck, all sheep need it.

8. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

To give others no chance to buy in your place at those dips, of course.

9. Pirocco

We'll know when the correction in PMs is over, when those that say PM's are bad, are again saying they're good. After they bought back in, of course. :)

10. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

this will be a peak ... those who bought will need to sell their PM and start screaming how silver is good again

11. Dr

Dr New Member

Exactly, and the best point to buy, THE BOTTOM, is when all these people blame metals so hard and even the bulliest people become bearish.

That's the signal the bottom is in.

THAT'S THE SIGNAL TO BUY AGGRESSIVELY.

12. Pirocco

And those that watch the COT data, know max 1 week later if they're buying back in, so even before the bad becomes the good on forums, even with a price that didnt move over the week, because often they first try to insert positions gradually, taking advantage of panic sales that erase the $1 uptick caused by the insertion of the positions, so that they can insert a next batch positions at the same price.

13. Dr

Dr New Member

YES SIR, I watch COT data closely as one of the tools to detect a potential bottom.

14. Pirocco

But looking at what they do, is still most advised lol, because you know, its like in poker, if we stackers understand the trick, they might reverse it, and falsely flag with the 'BAD', making us think it's good while it IS bad, lol. And what they do, is (thank you very much evil CTFC/Comex!) released in the COT report. Despite that footnote addition some months ago about possible errors, still a good source. :)

15. Court Jester

Care to bet on it? I have 20oz that says that the stock maret correction(more than 20%down ) will NOT be in months (3-6)

16. Dr

Dr New Member

I play the COMEX game, so I laugh sometimes watching how HFT robots try to miss people and other traders doing movements in the opposite direction they really will do later, just to catch sheep on the truck and squeeze their stops later on... It's funny... Also I laugh when I watch on TV news or "analysts" comments telling us about the bad idea of investing in PMs..., a message coordinated from FED... "Don't invest in PMs, it's too dangerous, better keep your highly valuable dollars in the bank or in the stock market, you will get higher returns"...

17. Pirocco

The bold is a wellchosen addition, because you never know, there might come a day that they buy IShares ETF shares instead of future positions. It's as easy as futures. Just look at the Gold ETF, where they dumped like 3 Moz gold in that mid april day of the price collapse.
    A question, in case you also monitor some stuff around, do you know, or know where to find, historical trading day volumes of IShares Silver Trust? So that I can for ex look it up for a certain month/day?

18. Dr

Dr New Member

19. Court Jester

I notice you are avoiding my bet

So you wont put your money where your mouth is

I thought so

20. Dr

Dr New Member

I bet you 100 silver oz that US stock market (SPX 500 Futures) will have a correction (20% or more) during next year.

I bet you 1,000 silver oz that silver spot price will reach $100 in the next 20 yr.

Do you accept?