STRATEGY TO BUY AND EXIT IN SILVER

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Dr, Aug 3, 2013.

1. scone

scone Active Member Silver Stacker

champ your the 1 talking about my stacking, was hoping you might tell me my exit strategy. You seem to know it all, you have an answer for everything.

2. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Weak hands?
    Big hands?

I said:
    Futures market data shows that the LargeTraders' position shows swift/fast movements in the correct direction, while the Small Traders in the wrong.
    They probably thought that the time to buy real silver was coming, but were then frontrunned by the Large Traders.

The Large Traders typically expect the price trend, and position accordingly as to benefit from it.
    The Small Traders (and also the Other Reportables) typically fail to foresee the price trend, position themselves wrong, and lose.
    Aside of this, the Large Traders are much more active, they reposition themselves much more and much drastical, while the Small Traders show a slow gradual trend in their position, like fat dogs. The only fast big position moves we see is after they lost most of their skirts and a wave margin calls finally force them out.

And the figures did stabilize, the futures market sits close to a price neutral situation, see the number after the date, that is the total position, hovering around a low that appears every 15 years or so.
    I think that, at this point, the current situation (stackers and ETF's holding) it depends on what the miners/producers do. If they can, and want to, refuse to sell their production at lower price, instead waiting for higher prices (that process is named producer hedging or dehedging), then the price doesnt get lower. If they are forced to sell their production over the short term, then the price can go lower, depending on how demand reacts on the lower price. However, producers that are forced to sell at prices not foreseen, and aren't able to compensate for these losses along other markets/incomes, get bankrupt, with their part of the production disappearing. And more general it's like always, at any bottom, the last ones selling are always frontrunned by others. That's as implicit as a trade requires a buyer and a seller. On the real bottom itself, they always expected a lower 'real' bottom.
    So I then wonder, on which basis/theory/analysis/figures do you expect 'real bottom'? You still didn't explain despite alot posts passed.

3. silvertop

silvertop Member

Hungry people mate.

4. Dr

Dr New Member

Do you still believe the silver production cost is around $20/oz? There are some miners right now selling silver at $4/oz...

5. S. Ohno

S. Ohno Member

To be helpful and get back to your original topic, I recommend your brother buys 3,250 oz.

6. Dr

Dr New Member

Unfortunately I did not sign any agreement with that price with the mine. Another company did some years ago and today keeps the same price by contract, and the mine is working...

7. MMMMMM, Mouldy sour dough. :p

8. scone

scone Active Member Silver Stacker

yeah mould is good when it comes to bread, it means its preservative free. Sour dough goes mouldy near over night. Although I don't recommend eating it once its mouldy.
    Probably no good for stacking

9. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

neither of those quotes indicate I had ever believed it will be in tipple digits. One was in response to someone saying prices will rise if we see a war, I was pointing out We have already been AT war for 11 years and prices have not gone to da moon. The other was commenting on the current prices of the spot price in the market. If you quote me please do so in context.

I have never and will never see triple digit silver in my lifetime. I don't believe we are "just around the corner" from a complete market / currency collapse and hyper inflation. I am pro silver if I wasn't I wouldn't be here I am just a realist, I don't believe it will be going "To Da Moon" any time soon infact I believe it will be sideways as long as QE is in place and that will probably for many more years. I stack as a forced savings plan to hedge against inflation. I am also like some of the coins /numi stuff I buy and like th3e gamble on the premiums.

10. Court Jester

I agree at some point in the future we will see triple digit silver

But you and me and anyone on this board will NEVER see it. Even if you were born today you would unlikely see triple digit silver in your lifetime.

11. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

nice to have someone with crystal ball over here :lol:

12. Court Jester

I have 2 x and there both HUGE!!!

13. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That's a bold statement, and one that I would not like to bet the house on.

It is assumed that I am older than you, and I believe that I will see astronomical increases/prices in precious metals.

If AG reaches US$70, and the A$ corrects to <A$0.66 as it has done previously, the result is a triple digit amount in A$.

Personally, I believe that we are on a financial precipice in Australia, as well as globally. All traditional and historical thoughts on how the markets should operate will be null and void - this we are seeing now!

14. I just scrape the ergot off da mouldy bread and take a trip to da moon. :p :cool:

15. Pirocco

I don't have beliefs. I check things, then know.
    I also don't focus. I gather as much data is available, then I conclude based on the whole of it.
    There are also some miners... see it coming?

16. Pirocco

I quoted you in the same context that triple digit silver is, which is also the same context that single digit silver is: the context of positivity at what turns out to have been a peak price, and negativity at what turns out to have been a bottom price.

17. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

As soon as you said this, I tuned out.

The financial climate in this day and age is nothing like the Roman times.

18. Dr

Dr New Member

Why are you so sure? Why we cannot see triple digit in silver in 10 years? Are you the person making coffe to Bernanke?

What we are seeing now in silver market is a big correction off the highs at $49. In this correction we can hit maybe $11/oz in 2014. BUT after market corrections the real trend continues, regardless market manipulation. What is the real trend in PMs?

Oh...shit, I missed something, the trend is fiat to go up, and PMs to go to hell for ever because the real value is in toilet paper, right?

19. Dr

Dr New Member

Buddy, sometimes is good to have a whole perspective of any given commodity. Since Roman times, how many currencies/fiat have died? Silver is still around, with the same intrinsic value... but with much more industrial applications than in Roman times... So, just think about that...

20. Dr

Dr New Member

I agree. We are in an financial precipice all around the world... Govs know that, and that's why they are trying desperately print in our brains:

KEEP CALM AND USE OUR TOILET FIAT

It's crazy to see the US gov pushing money to the stock market to protect USD and keep people apart from PMs... They are completely desperate...