Storing metal at home... a warning

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by goldpelican, Aug 30, 2011.

1. ReturnToZero

ReturnToZero New Member

Actually, I think the safest way would be to live in an apartment, and bolt a 500kg vault to your floor, no-one is gonna be ripping that out any time soon lol.

2. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well if you live in an apartment you can just give your silver straight to the body corporate and save any hassles in storing it.

3. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

ok stackers who was it? fess up? :D

poor bugger

4. Tacrezod

Tacrezod Member

Is there only me cynical enough to call BS on the story?

It took him five days to report the loss!

Sounds like another version of the proverbial stacker's "boating accident" to me...

5. silversardine

silversardine Member

When I was about 15 my grandmother gave me a birthday present - can of deodorant or something. Very exciting present!

Some time later mum wondered why I hadn't said much about my present. I said well it was a can of smelly stuff. Hmmm, she thought nanna had something else in mind.... off to the phone.

Apparently there was $50, which was a lot for a 15 year old, folded around the tin with the wrapping paper - which had gone in the rubbish truck that morning.

The relevant authorities were phoned, advised that the trucks from that street would arrive at X00 hours and dump the rubbish from street XY and Z in the north corner, pile number 6 etc.... anyway it was quite organised and since we were onto it early......found it after about 10 minutes.

Recognised our rubbish in the pile and a quick search revealed it easily. Three days later and there would have been no chance. It was only $50 but when every dollar counted worth the trip.

6. ReturnToZero

ReturnToZero New Member

Ok well if you want to be completely safe that no-one steals for stuff, buy one of these

[​IMG]

SHTF paranoia is high here lol

7. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

It's very simple. I've a stack of PM's, and one other person on the planet knows what is there, and where it is.

If we are both incapacitated or dead, neither of us will give a cracker - there are no dependents to consider.

8. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/50-000-jewels-thrown-rubbish-032320832.html

it is on the news :) here

http://cj.myfreeforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=2239&start=0

British government begins stealing peoples bank deposits ahead of the global financial collapse

8 August 2011
    http://presscore.ca/2011/?p=3598

Armed robbery of bank safety deposit boxes by London Police
    It happened before and it is starting again. Government confiscating (stealing) the people's life savings. Just like in 1929 the British government began its theft of the people's life savings just before the Great Depression. After an inflationary run-up in prices and asset values, the stock market crashed in 1929, and the economy soon went with the crash. This time the British government is disguising its outright theft by claiming the entire contents of safety deposit banks are owned by criminals and the contents are the proceeds of crimes.

In March of 2011 the British Prime Minister David Cameron ordered British police to execute Operation Rize - raid and seize the entire contents (art, gold ingots, gold dust, jewelery and cash) of nearly 7,000 safety deposit boxes from three vaults in London. The British government simply told Scotland Yard that the safety deposit boxes were used by criminals to store cash, guns and drugs.

The British government instructed the police to arrest anyone who went to the vaults to try and recover the contents of their safety deposit boxes. Those who protested the seizure of the contents of their safety deposit boxes were to be charged with various offenses including pedophilia, money-laundering, drug-dealing and firearms possession.

When word spread about the government raid and theft of the contents of their safety deposit boxes people rushed to the bank vaults. The police arrested 146 and charged 30 (those with the most cash and gold in their safety deposit boxes) with trumped up pedophilia, money-laundering, drug-dealing and firearms charges.

9. Ag-ness

Ag-ness Member

I have a militant chihuahua. I don't need a safe.

10. vektor

vektor New Member

People love throwing away stuff, without thinking.. Last council clean-up my mate down the coast got 12 perfectly good big screen tvs (CRT ones) and 1 plasma with a blown amplifier.. Sucked in to this fool, didnt deserve to have $50k of gold. I hope some poor bum finds it in 10 years time

11. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

My nomination for post of the week... I can't stop laughing at this, every time I look at it... :D