Silver to rise soon to $150 / oz

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Photonaware, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Dustin

Dustin New Member

If I had said at that time that $6 silver wont happen again, would you have replied the same? Yet we would have just seen $6 silver a few short years earlier...but this bull market likes to break through a barrier, spike, correct, then break through the next one. Once it breaks through the next one it hasn't broken below it again. We saw it do that to the $8-10 level and the $18-22 level..my belief is that it's doing it again, and will break through the $45-50 level. At the very most I would expect silver to correct back down to support at $18-22, however to be honest I don't see it happening. I believe the bottom is in at $26..it was the only real resistance that slowed silver down on the way from $18 to $48, and it's turned into a rock solid support line.

Just my opinion, and I'm kinda new to this, so still learning :)

2. gazzahere

gazzahere Member Silver Stacker

afternoon all,

Ag $4.00 to $30.00 or $30.00 to $150 or $1000 or wherever.

We always look at history and are usually hampered by that.

imo the big factor for Ag today is ---------------------------------- for the first time ever -- we pretty much depend on Ag for our current way of life.

That's different. ---------- Have a physical silver deficit and what happens? Slow production in electronics. Bugger all manufacture of solar. All those plans for silver being used in antibacterial structure and programs ----------- gone.

Can you see that?

Sorry, I can't.

What I see is supply and demand adjusting like they always have ---------- through price.

And as price sucks out things like scrap and investors cash in because of high prices -------- silver becomes more scarce --------- a feedback system.

I cannot see the supply side changing from producers until Ag is worth enough to gear up more production from Ag Pb Zn operations or 'heaven forbid' chasing the Ag from gold mining ops and treating the gold as bi product.

Now for either of those two things to happen - silver will have to be a hell of a price.

And, it just might --------- unless we find an express way to replace it ------------- but, the way we are going, we are depending more and more on it - not less and less.

The next couple of years/few years for silver may well be one hell of an exciting ride ----------- honestly I can't see $150 being out of the question - it has already made $50 - so that's only a multiple of 3 --------------------- $1500?? hmmmm, - depends on how important it is for you to get out your next mobile phone or computer line eh?

How much would you pay for an ingredient that you 'have' to have for the future of your company?

My guess is -------- because you and every other manufacturer are on equal ground ---------- you will pay whatever to get it ------------- $30 per ounce or $1500 per ounce -- no difference.

have a great day all

gazza

3. stackeract

stackeract New Member

Just think of it that way:

How much physical silver is sitting out there in the form of coins and bars?
    What was the purchase price of all this physical silver? I would like to see a chart where x is purchase price and y is amount of silver purchased at this price and currently still held by the original purchaser. I guess much more silver was purchased below $15 than above $15. I wonder what the average purchase price was?

Now assume for whatever reason silver is starting to slide to say $22. A percentage of people who bought above $22 will want to cut their losses and sell. A percentage of people who bought below $22 want to preserve their profits and sell. Now you think all the silver that is being offered at $22 will be bought up quickly, but if the downward trend continues, people don't want to buy at $22 because if they wait another two weeks they could buy at $20. And so on.
    Once it starts to slide massively there might be no end. This is rational in terms of cutting losses and preserving profit and does not depend much on how much it costs currently to produce silver. I think it depends quite a bit on the purchase price chart and I wouldn't be surprised if it slides below the average purchase price.

4. SilverLove

SilverLove New Member

$150 would be nice, but if the cost of living goes up 5 fold in the mean time then its all still relative.

Why don't we take the $ out of the equation more, and see where silver is going in buying power in terms of real estate, stocks, fuel etc.

Instead of debating what the dollar price for the metal will be in future months or years, we should try and predict how many things it will buy us for X number of ounces.

I guess it's just human nature to think in dollars cause that's all we've been used to :D

5. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Why stop there.... I predict Silver to be $1,000,000,000 in 2 months time

it is just as realistic as the above predictions

6. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

They're all "just numbers" anyhow. When you buy silver "price doesn't matter". :D

7. EasyCollective

EasyCollective New Member Silver Stacker

Either silver will be up to $1500 or the water levels will rise so much that land is the most desired commodity on the planet.

8. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Educated is obviously not sinonymous with smart :lol:

9. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Cant argue with such sound reasoning! :lol:

10. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Ben Bernanke :lol:

11. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

My money is on $15 silver before we see $150.

Unless its suddenly magically immune to volatility, manipulation, industrial downturns and investor irrationality.

If the market was rational and behaved exactly according to monetary supply, the silver graph would be a nice straight line up on a 12 degree incline.

12. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Thinking in dollar terms is for muppets ... and there are plenty around here

13. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Beware the permabulls.

14. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

yes, please read the signals for directions :lol:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. MassiveOni

MassiveOni Member

like i have seen someone say on here before (im sorry i dont remember who it was) im gonna by silver at $10 per oz, ill by it at $50 per oz, it doesnt worry me, as long as my stack keeps growing.

thats the way i figure it,

1. look at the price
    2. if you like the look of the price, then buy,
    3. if you dont like the look of the price, dont buy, wait a day or a few days, then goto 1.

16. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

A stack grows 5 times more at $10 than at $50, so that someone is either as **** as hell, either a ****.
    :)

I'm sitting ready to buy my last chunk silver in a longer while (no euro's left to swap), 40 philharmonikers, price including shipping is right now EUR 1010,64 and I want it under 1000.

17. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

Hope it goes up $1 just so u get stung for holding out for a couple euros

18. Pirocco

Well, I ordered the 40 philharmonikers at 1013,04.
    So this marks the end of my euro savings since mid august 2012. Swapped them to 5,5 kilo silver in recent 3 weeks.
    If the silver price stays in this range or lower, I'll continue swapping immediately upon earning. Just like I did during summer 2012.

19. Photonaware

Photonaware Active Member

That is indeed a very good price ( assuming in Euros with tax paid )
    If so, would you share your source ?
    Best I can see right now is about one Euro per coin higher.

20. Pirocco

No tax, it's a dealer that refers to law text to sell legal tender currency denominated silver without tax.
    Gold Silver Belgium
    http://gold-silver.be/nl/7-silver
    What the future will be for this dealer, I can't tell. Because this way gives him a serious competition advantage relative to about the whole rest of the world region.
    So it might be possible that someone will 'fall' over it.