Number of newbies

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Scorpion75, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Scorpion75

Scorpion75 New Member

I don't want to be to rough on anyone, but I have noticed an increasing number of posts that for starters don't make much sense and secondly shows that some people have know idea. I wont single out anyone but i'm sure a few of you understand who and what posts i mean. I'd suggest that everyone reasearches a lot more before making stupid comments and putting their hard earned into any investment.
    Maybe it's just me but the polish seems to of come off this forum over the last month or so.

It's good to get new blood into precious metals but to me it seems some are a lot less educated in regards to PM'S and are jumping in with their eyes closed.

Scorp

2. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Jim the rabbit dead and floss recently

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Personally I beleive that anyone stacking pm's now is a smart cookie.

4. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

You mean like this one ^^^^^^??????

5. Scorpion75

Scorpion75 New Member

I believe it's a good time too! If you can afford to purchase without causing stress with your other commitments.

And Shiney, how did I know you'd post something like that. LOL

Scorp

6. Teh silvers

Teh silvers Member

You mean posts like this one.Facepalm attached below.

I bought my first silver .999 bullions coin today from eBay.it was only $63 with a koala on it.I'm not sure how so store them when I get about 10 ot 15 of them.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Woah woah woah back up there a moment!

Since WHEN was SS about education anymore?

I thought it was all about making a profit off fellow stackers?

Yeah, I'm bloody going there all right because it's THIS point I've copped untold levels of CRAP from others on this forum of late!

The "it's my party and I'll gouge if I want to" ideology is what SS is all about nowdays, whether the majority here are willing to admit it or not.

You want a REALLY stark contrast?

Try going back to SS circa 2009/2010 (when I started) and see the tone and discussions on SS from THEN to NOW.

It's so bloody obvious you'd have to be blind Freddy not to see it.

But this is what the forum members want, so there's no point lamenting what it's become.

If you think it's bad now Scorp, wait until Silver breaches $50 Aud/USD per Oz and every dimwit and their moronic uncle lands here to cash in.

We 'aint seen nothing yet!

8. DanDee

DanDee Active Member Silver Stacker

9. DanDee

DanDee Active Member Silver Stacker

As a new member, I've found this information very useful. It's always good to get an experienced perspective.
    Thanks!

10. Scorpion75

Scorpion75 New Member

I cant say I disagree with any of your post. I hope we see the $50+ this year or next but i'm also not looking forward to people selling coins/bars that are still readily available for insane prices. Many people make quick decisions when buying and when the dust settles they sit back and think why did I just pay $50 for a coin that's $40 elsewhere. (example only)

We all want to make a profit but we risk putting people off getting in.

I know some have posted many times about 1oz silver Ox's and why they believe they are worth so much but to me I think it's a joke. Whether theres only a mintage of 100,000 or 1,000,000, it's a joke. Don't mention the mice either. Me personally the tiges, rabbits,dragons,snakes,monkeys and horses are the best of the lunars and will do better. Why some want to pay more for some lunars than kooks is beyond me too.

Scorp

11. No1joey

No1joey Member Silver Stacker

I'm new, you have a problem with anything I've said why not reply with constructive feedback or opinions instead of starting a hate thread

Jumping in with eyes closed? Please, if u have a spare $38 & buy an ounce of Ag off eBay what else is there to do or know other than hold onto it for as long as you can or until you need the cash. It's not rocket science, you aren't doing anything with your silver that im not.

When discussing world economics and politics which effect spot price your opinions are just as accurate as mine. If I'm wrong then you better start your own investment bank quick smart and make good use of that crystal ball you got.

12. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

Aaahhhhhh, here we go again. :/
    Glad that someone is having a nice relaxing stress-free break.

13. Scorpion75

Scorpion75 New Member

I didnt start this thread to get any primary school posts. Mention no names. Yankee doodle.

Scorp

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Who said I'm stressed?

I'm just being a realist is all. Putting on the table what most people here think, but are too afraid to say.

I'm not concerned with the flack I'll get for speaking the truth.

Let the 'thanks' posts be the judge of whether I'm right or not.

I'm a big boy and can handle the frowns.

But let's not kid ourselves here and put on a song and dance about what we THINK SS really should be, and what it really has become.

SS is most definitely a place where people are looking for an edge and until the mob comes to down, other stackers are the only real market to turn a profit from.

True or not?

The Dragon release says all that needs to be said to support that theory and those who are brutally honest about it all will agree.

I'm disappointed with it all as I first came here bright eyed and bushy tailed (but without the education) as many do now. But if I didn't have the likes of Aurora, Nugget, GP, and many of the other founding members here to guide me in the right direction rather than push clownfish down my throat as the 'must buy this season' needless to say I'd be far worse off than I am today.

I'm not a big market player, with many late comers already passing me easily on their core position simply by having much stronger buying power. For people like me, every ounce bloody counts and I'm grateful I came on board back in the 'sleeper' phase of this market where education on SS was king and getting your metals at the cheapest possible price with a core ideology of SILVER stacking over semi numismatic speculative investments was key.

Just being honest about it all NM.

15. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Plenty of people were warning about the dragons and the clownfish parabolic prices, you definitely had some bastard sellers asking for $160 a coin (dragon) but they were the minority of the forum. Maybe vocal, but minority.

As to your core ideology of Silver stacking, people change. I know I did.

Started out with the ounces in mind, hit my target mark (low) and then though I'd dabble in numismatics. Didn't really work out that well at the start so went back to the ounces again. But then found Pandas and other numismatics that weren't bad so decided to move back towards less ounces more numismatics.

I don't make a mockery of people buying silver for silver content nor do I complain about people buying dragons.

After all it's their money and they are free to do whatever they want with it, as long as they aren't getting scammed/seriously ripped off.

As you get more people on the forums, the demographic will change and the average ideology will shift. A 'new paradigm' if you will.

Might not be a bad thing in the long run.

Think about how a stacker would've profited if they had bought 10oz dragons instead of 10oz bars back in 2000.

Core ideologies are nice and all but stuff changes so we adapt.

16. Scorpion75

Scorpion75 New Member

No1joey this isnt a hate thread.I havnt read any of your posts that i didnt agree with yet, so it's not aimed at you. I was pointing out that some posts of late appear to be written by 5yr olds. If i could stop laughing my head off with some posts of late, i'd reply but i'm not here to make people looklike bigger idiots.

As for what else there is to put money into, I think any debt is top of the list.

I'm more than happy to give constuctive criticism if warranted. Happy to say it F2F too. I would never hide behind my computer.

Scorp

17. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

I don't see the issue.

There's always an influx of new people when silver peaks, or plummets.

People who own silver during these times talk to others who don't know anything about silver, and then that person in turn goes looking on the internet for more information.

Why is it so bad that the member base is expanding?

More buying opportunities, more selling opportunities, more people to bring knowledge, more people to interact with...

18. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

People here act like they're in some elitist club that no one else should know about. It's very mind numbing.

19. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

I tend to agree with you RM come one come all . I like the fact that lots are joining & post their views ...When i read them it makes me feel more normal :p:

20. Scorpion75

Scorpion75 New Member

I agree it's good to get more people involved. Maybe i'm reading some posts the wrong way. I guess it's our responsibility to give them the right information if they post incorrectly if we can. Where all in it together at the end of the day.

Scorp