New 2015 $2 coin being released this monday, red colored coin ????

Discussion in 'Numismatics' started by Theox, Apr 14, 2015.

1. chicken12

chicken12 Member

I wish I knew mate!!

2. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

Madness!

The same think has happened to 1oz dragon coin--they were selling over $200 in the first days on ebay--today around $45

3. L4A

L4A Member

4. Crowley

Crowley New Member

Anyone in Brisbane got any yet?

5. chicken12

chicken12 Member

Looks like NSW only so far

6. Theox

Theox Active Member

Asked my local comm, anz & bendigo bank, got the same response from the tellers that they will be collecting this one themselves. I was then in the local coles supermarket ( melbourne vic) when they recieved their armagaurd delievery, asked the guys what the distribution of this new $2 coin would be and their replied that they havent been informed as yet, but stated the same as the bank tellers that they will be putting them aside aswell. So for us unconnected punters i think their is not going to be much hope in finding any of these. Dissapointed RAM ( general circulation, yea right!)

7. dandaman

dandaman Member Silver Stacker

I highly doubt an armaguard could just swap what they like out of a delivery, there are cameras inside the van, to me that's like saying they can swap there own gold for gold there delivering because they want that type an saw it first an the bank will still get its gold/money so it doesn't matter lol. I guess Bank tellers could take a deposit out in coins once the package has been cleared (like security tags an what ever have been removed by the manager/s)...

8. Theox

Theox Active Member

Good luck to whom ever is going to make some cash out if these, as far as those that delievery the currancy im sure their are plenty of legal ways they can swap dollar for dollar, eg make the delievery then make a $2 purchase with a $100 in change from that deliever. As far as banks go ive even had some luck going in and swaping other coins, how hard would it be for friend x to get a call from teller y to come down and draw out a $1000 of $2's etc. and all of a sudden your selling $50 bags for $800 on fleabay etc. good luck to all just having a moan cause i dont know a teller x y or z that will hook me up. Ahhhhhh!

9. Theox

Theox Active Member

Getting of topic abit, but do bank employees have any legal responsibilities to circulate certian/all currency that has been provided to them from RAM or is the currancy once delivered to a bank lets say bank xyz becomes their property to do with as they wish? Eg. The bank manager decides to withold all 5 as they dislike echidna's and drive up the mighty 5 Resale price. Just a question?
    If anything its made a lot of people interested in decimal coinage all of a sudden.
    Great design RAM by the way.

10. silver kook

silver kook Active Member

I know for sure Armaguard had the last lot of coloured $2 (Green) in security bags ready for delivery to retail outlets. Somebody twigged they were worth something and all of a sudden none of them were delivered.

11. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

An enterprising person recognised an opportunity when it occurred and invested his money wisely. Now all they have to do is sell them all to the half dozen coin collectors in the country who didn't get the mint rolls and spend all the ones that no one wants. Good luck to them, can't say I wouldn't have done exactly the same (providing it wasn't illegal) I don't see it as being much different from us going to all the bank tellers and asking to buy the bags from them. They just get a perk to go with their job.

12. SilverTounge15

SilverTounge15 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If I saw an armaguard or someone in the street with a few bags of these I would challenge them to a duel....

13. foodgem

foodgem Member

Called a few local banks today to try my luck.

None around where I am.

Every bank said they'd had plenty of interest.

14. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

Is this legal to do it???

15. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

;)
    I know the person responsible for educating the powers that be at Chubb :rolleyes:
    And he got nothing for his advice :rolleyes:
    He just did the same thing with the red ones :rolleyes:

16. Theox

Theox Active Member

So much for the early jumpers $100 plus per coin, there down to $29 with free post - buy now a few weeks and they should be at a reasonable price, wouldnt really call 1.5 million rare. The powers that be cant keep them all from escaping, once their on the street they should plateau on price. At Least its taken some of the buyers away from the other $2 coins, some have been slipping thru a few dollars less than normal.

17. L4A

L4A Member

Looks like so many people have been interested in this coin that the mint had to set things straight in a press release.

http://www.ramint.gov.au/media/noticeboard/2015/20150422.cfm

The coins will be circulated through banks, as per normal procedures with all of Australia's circulating coins.

Not all banks or branches may circulate the coins as it is based on demand.

The Mint has no control over what happens to the coins once they are delivered to the banks from the Mint.

The Mint will not be selling the coins to coin dealers.

Also noteworthy is the last part:

In the past with previous circulating coins, the Mint has held coin swap and counterstamp opportunities. There may be opportunities in the future for
    this but this has not yet been confirmed. Please keep an eye on our website or social media channels for any updates.

Wouldn't this upcoming Anzac Day be a good day to do a popup shop'n'swap at places such as the Shrine of Remembrance? I'm sure many people would be interested this coin and the other Anzac products too.

18. Silverdigger85

Silverdigger85 Member

Yep some of the other $2 coins have slipped thru and I was lucky enough to get a 2013 coronation $2 coin for just $8.50 with free postage and it's UNC.I also picked up a RSL 2012 $2 coin cheap as well and with the donation card,also in UNC condition.

19. tozak

tozak Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

20. L4A

L4A Member

Today I saw a Westpac branch in the city with a sign at the front saying "No ANZAC coins yet available".