Greens senator Bob Brown resigns

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by systematic, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Bar the bums

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Let me guess Yippe-Ki-Ya, you weren't on the high school debating team?

3. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Some sort of baiting team perhaps

Soz I couldn't help myself.

Pls censor

4. silvertongue

silvertongue Member Silver Stacker

Interesting thread [/sarcasm]
    It's not pretty to watch when the power of reason is sucked dry by the vampire squid of mere opinion.

If such a political event triggers this sort of thread, then what behaviour can we expect if there is ever a genuine political crisis?

I thought many of us considered ourselves better informed than most media fodder, but if we find we're driven to subjective emotional responses out of pure reaction, then perhaps we need to reconsider how savvy we really are.... and think before we type....

5. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Separately again, I think you made mention of it in one of your posts regarding GD, and RC having the photographic memory of a Xerox machine ( and the sense of humour of one of The Banana Splits) slotted it away in his thimble sized cortex. :p

But back on topic, Bob Brown's stance regarding the need to protect our environment for futue generations and for the sake of the environment itself are certainly admirable to a degree. But his economic credentials and his (and now especially Senator Milne's) blatant hatred of an industry that rewards all Australians ie MINING, is disgraceful and a direct threat to the future well-being of this country.

PS There is also a member impersonating The Pope, so you are in good company GP.

6. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

B S
    Your just brain washed by the rich mans media.
    Of course they want to rape the resources of this country without interference.
    And you fall for it like a fool.

7. mmm....shiney!

:lol:

Ooh aren't we good with the personal insults?

Can I just quote you before I go on? Actually I'm going to do it anyway :p

The mining boom and the higher Australian $ have given every Australian family on average an extra $6800/year. Peter, if it wasn't for the mining boom in WA and Qld, and to a lesser extent in NSW, you would be on your arse.

Sorry mate, but that's a fact and your mate Bob Brown and even worse, Senator Miilne are blindly setting out to destroy the only industry that has kept our economy plodding along and with it the jobs, livelihood and incomes of families and communities.

You, I am afraid, is the one that is being conned. I hope you don't find the truth insulting as well.

8. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

B/s
    Your just a dupe.You repeat anything the media tells you to.
    With people like you the country is sure to go down the drain.
    Insulting.Sure.Sick of answering politely and being p*ssed on by the likes of you.Cop some of your own back.Your
    just an internet lout.And you lot will eventually destroy this forum unless barred.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Bob Brown is just another cog in the machine, a mouthpiece for whoever is behind him.

I'm all for the Earth, I never litter and am in love with nature and it's animals and it breaks my heart to see the worlds nature and animals destroyed...BUT I despise the way the global Green movement wants to stomp the human down and tell us we have to suffer for the Earth. So called 'green policies' have kept Africa in perpetual debt and poverty and as a result millions suffer and die.. And if you're against it they push the line that you're bad and don't care for the Earth :mad:

See the UN Agenda 21 :mad: :mad: :mad:

10. mmm....shiney!

And you my friend are too upset at the moment to be rational. :rolleyes:

My theory is that the greatest antagonists of the mining industry are ignorant of the benefits that this great industry brings, ignorant of the historical nature of Australia's economy and the boom/bust cycle based on mining and agriculture and maybe just a bit jealous that they can't be a part of it.

I don't know what your problem is.

$6800/year. That's what it is worth to every Australian family. $6800/year. I have read $13800 but I don't believe that.

Now Peter, if we close the dirty stinking mining industry down, how will Australia pay it's bills? How will we fund that great waste of government expenditure, renewable energy? How will we pay for the implementation of the carbon tax. How will w be able to pay to keep the forests free of vermin, safe from catastrophic fires? How will we be able to continue our welfare state?

No my southern friend, you have no idea.

11. RomanControl

RomanControl New Member

After a meeting of the board, it seems our 2 rules on the other forum dont cater for an imposter gold pelican situation, and our hands are tied.
    Sadly this means I will not be able to spam the bob brown retrospective.
    Which is a shame, I was about to put a soundtrack over the montage.

12. mmm....shiney!

OT RC!!!! As usual.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

You addressing me? if you are damn right i'm upset about the anti-human green movement. Toxic light bulbs, cold baths, carbon tax, poverty, death, so on and so forth.

I agree, Australia definitely needs it mining industry.

hang on I see you're addressing Peter, all good.

14. mmm....shiney!

^ :lol:

I see Christine Milne as being more dangerous, she has basically labelled industry as either "what we want" and "what we don't want". Coalmining goes into the second category. Apparently we don't want it. :rolleyes:

She is a fundamental radical - very dangerous and the type that will polarise communities.

15. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

When you say "on average", does that mean Clive Palmer's family gets a billion dollars and yours and mine get twenty bucks?

16. mmm....shiney!

You'll have to ask your mate Craig Emerson that one. They are his figures :/

17. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

My complaint is not about mining,its about the kind of people you lot are.Obnoxious,cunning,disruptive and arrogant.Take your extreme right wing views to a extreme right wing political forum and back slap each other there.
    Bugger off and let the precious metal forum serve the purpose for which it was designed.

18. mmm....shiney!

OT Peter, stop posting OT.

Now to address your accusations.

I don't operate in the world of left or right wing anymore. I have left (unintentional pun, ha ha ha, sorry, not allowed to be funny on this forum) my left wing days behind. My union days, my street march days, my "Green" days. Now I am a libertarian. I do not presume to live another man's life, nor do I presume you to live for me. I do not dictate how another should live or think, nor should another dictate to me. I may disagree with some, but I won't force my views on to them.

If you call this extreme right wing, then that is your call, however I would suggest you read about the history of some right wing countries and you may just find a glaringly obvious difference between my views and theirs.

I am obnoxious, I wish I was cunning, I can be purposely disruptive (Union taught me that) and I most definitely can be arrogant. Of course you must be free of these character traits to be so upset. This little argument is probably pissing off others so I'll stop.

Just remember though how it started, you said Bob Brown will be missed, I replied with "bullshit" then you got personal. Just relax.

19. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Bob Green and the brown movement... the whole thing deserves to be flushed down the crapper!

Bob Brown in the almost antithesis of Ron Paul, oh apologies to Ron Paul for using them in the same sentence

20. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Wow, were getting the full half hour here. I thought it was just a five minute argument.

Beats the crap out of watching the logies. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.