Do Dragons S1 really cost that much???

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by somerset, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Captain Kookaburra

Captain Kookaburra Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Judging by the shadows and the shape of the material in the background...... Same Picture, No Doubt at all!

2. typhoon

typhoon New Member

I can't be bothered with the auction business on ebay so I go straight to the buy now offerings where I bought 2 x 1oz Dragons off ebay about 2 weeks ago for US$118 each. I'm in Melb at the moment but they arrived on Wednesday and wife opened the package yesteday. I bought them because she likes dragons (and can be one sometimes), she said they were in red boxes and had cards with numbers on them from the PM (she's more coin illiterate than I am). I'm starting to think I got a bargain

3. adrenalin

adrenalin New Member

Will swap it for a 1kg Proof Horse if anyone has one...the one with a "P" lol

4. noddy_coder

noddy_coder New Member

Hi lamp,

It's not a proof, it's a special edition "diamond eyes" dragon. Just 5000 were minted back in 2000. Comes in a red velvet Perth Mint case with a certificate of authenticity, all placed inside a red box. The eyes are .02 yellow diamonds. The one on ebay you refer to looks genuine to me.

How do I know this? Because I took delivery of just such a coin yesterday, bought from a UK dealer at a pretty good price compared to the ebay ones I'd been watching for weeks.

Admitedly I originally wanted a standard kilo dragon but when the opportunity came up to buy a really cheap "diamond eyes" one I went for it.

I'm gazing at it now while I type this and I'm not dissapointed :D

ed. sp.

5. adrenalin

adrenalin New Member

6. lionfishcoin

lionfishcoin Member

This guy offered me this coin $1500 in Jan but I didn't take it. :mad:

7. millededge

millededge Active Member

8. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

In the meta break-down.. i think excess premiums are best used saved for additional gold purchases..

More of a market at the time of sale as more demand for straight bullion than trying to get premiums over spot for some semi-numi (as it is sold!)

Who needs the hassle of finding the needle in the haystack investing wanting to pay premiums for your stack? id rather not BS people with crap about low mintage and prefer to esure them they are making a good decision with 1oz ingots bars etc