Cheapest place to buy Lunar Horses

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by silverzman, Aug 21, 2013.

1. dollars

dollars Active Member Silver Stacker

Care for a friendly wager Golden chipmunk?

I believe they wont.

full range or both gold and silver lunar horse coins

if your really interested send me a PM and we can thrash out terms and conditions ;)

edit would you also care to wager that there were more than 5 silver stacker members present last year?

2. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

Sorry Dollar, Gambling is against My believe :|

3. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

is it gonna be like this?))
    [​IMG]

4. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

I hope not. I am going to get squash. I am very Fragile. :D

5. dollars

I find it hard to justify the time and cost to attend when the Perth mint limit the products.
    One member drove from Canberra for, from memory, 5 gold snakes and 10 silver snakes!
    I believe GP may have "pulled a few" strings and he may have picked up slightly more

6. dollars

7. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

APMEX had 400...almost gone...got my 60 for 34.80 (includes shipping). They will be increasing their pricing on the next round they offer, IMHO. Actually they are gone!

8. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

Nice number mister.:)

That is great price. Euro prices are around 27-30. I haven't decided how much would I buy. Would probably need to eat and drink only bread and water for next few months....

9. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Apmex is usually the highest of the US dealers I check for 1oz silver lunars, but they are competetive for 1oz gold lunars. Right now, I have them beat on the gold lunars. In a few days, unless silver prices shoot up, the US premiums should be much, much less than $11oz. At $11 an oz, my order would shrink from 500oz to either 5oz or -0-oz. Might be time to pull the plug on buying 1oz silver lunars, because a 50% premium is way too high for me. We shall see what the market is like by next weekend.

10. barsenault

they are increasing the prices slowly but surely. You'll never see 34.81 again. I'm glad I acted quickly and got 3 rolls. I still have a roll or two to get, and I'm done with them...unless of course they continue to stay this low, then I'll keep buying them...if they go up signficantly, then I go to the cheaper, Kooks. I'm waiting to see what Gainesville and Provident sell them for...if Provident is low, that's where I'll finish off my goal of a 100. Can't wait around. Silver is skyrocketing higher.

11. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

APMEX would have had *far far* more than 400. I would add another two zeroes to the end of that as a guess. They're being dribbled out.

12. barsenault

Indeed you are right. And I'm sure every time they 'run out,' they'll continue to raise the price. They ran out for the 3rd time today...and their prices continue to climb. I'm assuming they'll stop selling out around the 40'ish mark. Especially when Provident and Gainesville coin come out. Heck, G.C. Has 1/2 oz horse going for 15.00!

13. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

Wave the cheap gee gee's bye bye?

14. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

If silver keeps going up the amount of new market participants will surely sell out silver lunar horse in record time..

Newbs love the daily rising silver price.. it seems to be the single biggest drawcard for fresh investment precious metal dollars .. anything around $36 AUD was a good buy IMO - still a straight bullion purchase is equally good if not better IMHO

1for1

15. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

barsenault, you are learning a fairly cheap lesson in life. Apmex is selling high, because the US competitors haven't listed their products yet and they know some people have to be the first to buy something. Last year the beginning premiums were as follows: Apmex $8, Gainesville $7 & Provident $6. Silver was $30 then and is $24 now. So, a 20% drop in silver and a $3+ increase in premiums. Not for long. Seen these games before and I am not playing. At an $11 premium for the 1oz silver horses, I would buy bulk bullion and be done with the lunar series.

Aside from dragon mania, an $11 premium would be far higher than any previous initial lunar premium that I have seen. When I bought the 2010 tigers, the premium was under $4 and I bought them in September 2010, right when the 2011 rabbits came out. Silver was slightly below $20 and now is $24. Have minting costs gone up over 100%, I don't think so. And the 2013 snakes didn't exactly leap off the shelves. I think the horse coins will do well in time, but nothing other than dragons has been a hot ticket at issuance. And from what I have seen in the trading section, higher premium bullion silver coins are not selling well.

Hope you are right about the premiums staying up and even rising, but I don't think so. Either my lunar inventory goes up in value or I get the horses cheaper than the current price. So, either way, I am good. :D

16. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

And I am sure they and Gainesville are sending a bunch out for grading. :rolleyes:

GC, I think barsenault has silver fever. Time will cure that. :)

17. argento

argento Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Firstly...Hello Maggie.....need to catch up for coffee...its been a while :)

Now Seriously ...... your comparing the dragon release to the horse :/

In relation to pricing.....I would say all distributors would be getting very excited with the current movement in spot
    (due to pricing and distributor discounts being locked in when they placed their orders some weeks ago........so happy days for distributors)

Spot will be the reason for prices exceeding $40+........not the fact that the perth mint has sold out...because all that means is that the secondary market will be flooded with horsies for a long time

So regardless who the distributor/dealers are, if you can score a lunar for less that $40 ...... your doing well

18. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Actually dealers cannot order from the mint until Monday, 26th August. But allocations are set so there should be no overselling.

Most dealers hedge so the spot price paid fro stock before it is sold is irrelevant.

19. argento

20. argento

My apologies...should of used the term allocation instead

I know of one person in particular that has claimed that they have already ordered and paid for their stock...........yet your saying dealers can't order until Monday 26th August......now I'm confused