Bob Chapman - $55-60 silver then explosion to $80+ next 2-3 weeks

Discussion in 'Silver' started by bbobkins, Apr 25, 2011.

1. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I love old Bob, the Bob-ly Bear and the sound of fat man.

BOB REVERE & SOUND EFFECT MAN

:)

2. BBQ

BBQ Member

Yeah, he wasn't far off 'cause silver was climbing like mad a little while ago (so his claim of no resistance seems very accurate) before they knocked it down.

What interested me though was if he said skyrocketing to 80+ within 2-3 weeks like claimed in the first post of this thread.
    I listen to a fair bit of Bob Chapman and never heard him mention 80 bucks in a specific timeframe like that.

3. mikedm

mikedm New Member

I listened to Bob solidly around that time and he did mention $80 - I don't remember him saying within a few weeks, from what I remember it was a few months - he was definitely short term very bullish at the time whereas other bigger names were sensing a fall due to end of QE.

(I know he said $80 because I immediately added to my stack :) )

4. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

the part starting at 30 seconds regarding the so-called "yuppies" is dead right! many of them around here too...

5. MelbBrad

MelbBrad New Member

Bob=joke.

6. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It must be the show with Melody, he got mention abt prices going very high is possible. then going up and down, may be he is just saying who knows....

7. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Only to the clueless

8. unfunkable

unfunkable Active Member

dont forget the wager yky
    may as well send it to gp now...

9. Nukz

Nukz New Member

Actually going back to the start of this thread looks like i was right in questioning his predictions at the time :) that's another one yet again your wrong with YKY it's starting to add up now :) do you always back the wrong horse?

Not looking good mate, how much money did you loose out of this Chapman prediction? question still remains, was Chapman short Silver around this time as well?

10. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Mate - your tongue has left a distinct indentation in your cheek!! :D

I dont see that Bob was wrong - silver did indeed shoot up to the $50 mark before it was taken down.
    2011 still has a long way to go, and $60 + silver is and always has been on the cards for the near term.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Bob claims he has been right 98% of the time, and I believe him. The man spent decades in the gold and silver business, he knows what he's talking about.

12. Arsenal

Arsenal New Member

I dont think so.... :/

Bob Chapman has been around along time and is a very knowledgeable person. Sure he is going to get things wrong here and there over time..... no one gets it right every time.

13. stellaconcepts

stellaconcepts New Member

Yea I wish he'd stop saying that - Cause I know for a fact he's not right that often.

And his exact words were $50 will not be a problem for silver... so he was wrong.

I like Bob as a person - I think hes genuine - but he is wrong way more than 2% of the time. He's been calling a dow collapse for the last 2 years, in every edition of his report... I know - I subscribed to it until about 1 year ago. His shorts got creamed over and over again.

He's OK - but he certainly doesn't mind fluffing up his stats a bit - if he was right 98% of the time he'd be bigger than gates, buffett, soros and slim combined. It's nonsense to even suggest that kind of accuracy.

14. Lurkalot

Lurkalot New Member

I can't be the only one to have a childish chuckle at this :D

15. Ag

Ag Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Bob=Silver

Ag likes Bob...maybe 98% is insane but so it Ag :)

16. BBQ

BBQ Member

Thanks; if you find the link, paste it here please.

17. mikedm

mikedm New Member

I am going by memory from that time, I don't know the link (he does something like 40 radio segments a week, I was listening to four or so at that time). All I know is once I heard Bob Chapman say $60 - $80 silver in the short term (silver was around US$40), I went out and added to my stack because I trusted him to know what was going on. Silver did rise sharply after that point but got caught up over that weird period and knocked down.

I was further impressed by a story he told about shooting down two criminals who tried to burst thru his front door making full use of his arsenal to defend himself and his family (this was on a GO NOB blogspot radio channel - not sure link). He has also said he was invited to witness a film with Ronald Regan (or possibly a look-a-like) in a compromising position with a woman utilising a device (translate greek to english) (Alex Jones show earlier this year).

Interesting, intelligent man with heart in the right place but I am wiser now not to act on what one man predicts, no matter his experience. Thank you Bob.

18. Guest

Guest Guest

I see your point and your right if Bob means daily and weekly predictions though in my mind I thought he meant the longer term cycles..... I wonder in what context he bases his 98%

19. BBQ

BBQ Member

Mikedm,
    Agreed. A very interesting guy and yes he does work very hard. I can barely keep up with the hours of shows he does every week. I believe his heart is in the right place and I believe - in general terms - that he is pretty accurate, broadly-speaking.

The only thing that caught me about this thread was not finding he said what was claimed in the link provided and it struck me as a bit unusual that he'd give a short timeframe of 2-3 weeks that was stated here too.

A recent hard drive failure here means I need to start collecting (and backing up!) his interviews again. Gives me a chance to listen in on some of the archives again.

20. stellaconcepts

stellaconcepts New Member

I am talking about daily and weekly predictions too... He's not right 98 percent of the time.... No one is and no one ever will be (on a fair playing field of course)