Big Perth Mint Delivery

Discussion in 'Silver' started by CriticalSilver, Mar 11, 2011.

1. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

mate, :) , and do you know that in any given area of 160 x 160 kilometres around perth or any area of population in Australia that:
    1. Very little land would not be privately owned so you would either require the land-holder's permission to access the site to bury your stash and the land-holder's permission to access the site to retrieve your stash. If he/she asks why you want to go there you'd better have a good excuse or you could sneak in, just don't get shot.
    2. Given that access to most privately owned areas would make it difficult to securely bury your treasure, you could try public land. Of course if it's public land then the public might stumble across it. What a fantastic retirement present your stash would make for Bob and Doris as they caravan around Australia with their maltese terrier Phoebe and their Minelab metal detector.
    3. Now if you don't want Bob and Doris to stumble across it you would have to get access to an area that is inaccessible. Good, just make sure Kezza and Haydos can't get there in their 4.2L Nissan Patrol with a 4" lift and difflockers.
    4. And as far as "more than a dozen treasures hidden somewhere" in any random 100 x 100 miles, no, there probably isn't. Unless you call buried firearms, bags of illicitly gained money, or the bodies of dead biker gang members "treasure".

Stop thinking along this line. Please.

2. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

try the hills area around Mundaring if you are keen to bury.. or even more east along great eastern highway. I wouldnt bury it out there but it's your stash

3. Sparrow

Sparrow New Member

How deep those metal detectors detect? I doubt it is more than 4 feet.

Are you saying that there is no really secluded places in Australia?

4. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

I think the question a lot of us are asking is, why on earth would you want to bury precious metals on land you don't own?

Sure there's secluded places - but not within 100km of Perth. Read mmm....shiney!'s post above. It's a very good way to lose whatever you bury. Someone WILL stumble across it in the course of farming/camping/hunting/prospecting/hiking/dumping a body/looking for a body etc, no matter where in the state. We have a nasty little habit in Australia of wanting to go and visit those secluded places as part of 4WD trips etc too. I found $40 on a beach in the far north west of the state (full day 4WD driving from anywhere) BECAUSE I TOOK A METAL DETECTOR, and at any one time there's 10,000 other people all out there doing the same thing because it's a gold state. It's a seriously bad bad bad idea.

5. Sparrow

Sparrow New Member

Thanks. This is the kind of suggestions I had been looking for.

6. mmm....shiney!

Forgot to mention you need to bury it somewhere where a helicopter carrying out geological surveys can't pick it up. For what it's worth, my stash is buried at 310 Hay Street, East Perth.

7. Sparrow

Sparrow New Member

I would love to use my own land but a have none. Especially in Australia.

I doubt that if I hide in the middle of a wilderness at a 6-7 feet anything I would be taking big risk.

Though I agree with all of you that one has to be VERY thorough doing this and diversify by not putting a big chunk in one place.

8. Sparrow

Sparrow New Member

It is interesting!

What exactly can they pick up?

9. mmm....shiney!

I don't know, but for about a month last year, a helicopter was doing numerous flights around where I live working out whether there was enough gold in the hills to make it economically feasible to mine. Now whether you stash would make a blimp on their radar I don't know.

10. Sparrow

Sparrow New Member

My guess is that they are able to detect something big. Like a field of something not a bar of metal under 7 feet of soil. They are designed to be economically efficient. Only something big can justify the expenses.

11. mmm....shiney!

maybe, but anyway this conversation is a bit disturbing, you got my 2 ounces worth and I'm gonna leave it at that.

12. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

come on sparrow this is a joke isnt it ? im waiting for ashton kutcher to come up on my screen any minute now pissin himself telling us we just been punked

13. Tacrezod

Tacrezod Member

Speaking of burying your stack at a given GPS coordinate, if you had your stack buried in Japan, you'd probably be a bit peed off right now.

The areas closest to the epicenter of the quake jumped a full 13 feet closer to the United States, geophysicist Ross Stein at the United States Geological Survey told The New York Times"

Although I suppose you may be able to compensate.

14. Sparrow

Sparrow New Member

Actually I am not sure what is so funny about the issue for you.

Very practical problem.

There is some of my PM in Australia which I had considered safe. Recently I have changed my mind and now I need to put it a safer location. I am not going to ship it to any other place because the future is getting more and more uncertain everywhere. It is better to hold it in Australia for a time being.
    The most simple and reasonable idea is to just find a secluded place and to bury in the ground.

It is a trouble for sure. I hate to do it.

Can yo suggest anything more feasible?

15. Sparrow

Sparrow New Member

Good point.

If the location is moved it could cause a problem.

But one can not get 100% certainty excluding when he is dead and is buried on a graveyard.

16. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

surely theres a private secure storage place somewhere in perth sell a few ounces to pay for it. safety deposit box or boxes at the bank come to mind

17. LeadWrist

LeadWrist New Member

This thread is hilarious. But in all seriousness, you've probably got a higher chance of losing your property by burying it on land you don't own, in an area you are unfamiliar with, than you would if you put it in a bank/private vault.

18. Golden

Golden Member

You could also buy a small piece of land somewhere far from the city. Should be cheap.

19. Sparrow

Sparrow New Member

Unfortunately just recently I realized that my PM will be really handy only AFTER the collapse of the global fiat system.

What I finally had got was that after that every country will start creating new monetary system with PM as its foundation. No reputation is of any importance at that time. The people will demand to do something.
    The simplest solution is to confiscate PM from the places where some naive people like me put their stuff. I am naive only until I do not see some truth. After that moment I am trying to protect myself.

So I do not see any chance of protecting my PM if anybody knows about it.

20. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Sure - open storage facilities with a private vault in Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane, or even split some between each location. Get an allocated holding with the Perth Mint (actual bars/coins set aside). Buy some PMGOLD through an Australian broker.