Your thoughts on QE2 expiry...

Discussion in 'Silver' started by shinythings, Jun 19, 2011.

1. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

+1

2. Ag

Ag Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well Boston,

Welcome to the Tin Foil hat brigade! hehe

I too am on record for $60 plus years end if not sooner - never going to call the yellow metal because I would only 'embarrass' myself...

For everyone,I do hope it drops - and you could be right,but see it 25/75 split as a percentage...

Also a big drop would be extremely bullish as alot of metal would be scooped up and out of the system - less metal available - higher spot...

It's win win for me and it's win win your you :)

3. Nukz

Nukz New Member

I assume your referring to me, i did say i will be looking at dumping silver at the end of QE2 but i did say that i would be re-investing in the metal when i feel it's time.

Can you explain your investment strategy? so far all you talk is shit about aliens and bilderberg and all sorts of shit that has nothing to do with the subjects you post in.

4. goldpanner

goldpanner New Member

Hi,

Just been reading bits about physical silver shortage and it seems to be happening at every Mint yet demand is strong, so - if the price of silver plummets at the end of QE2 I expect there will be a big rush to buy up more of it world wide (including me!).
    Apparently after the big May drop in price the Asians went mad buying up silver - there is no way that they can keep the price of silver low indefinitely if there is demand for it!

I think they will have a hard time convincing people of a QE3,4,5 as there is already a huge outcry against money printing and devaluing the US dollar.

Google this for an insight:

Ron Paul's Call For Gold Backed Currency Would Value Gold At $54,300 Per Ounce
    June 13, 2011

5. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

A bit over your head no doubt... but don't worry - just stick to the cartoon channel and you'll be good to go!

6. samboyellowsub

samboyellowsub Member

^^^ i just blame it on my wife, and she blames it on me. honestly i looked here to see what insightful comment you had made on this thread I was reading last night before bed and laughed out loud when i read it. clearly, you are up late :lol:

7. Nukz

Nukz New Member

Anybody got inflation/CPI data for the end of QE1? i'm interested in seeing if we saw deflation after QE1 ended or did we just start to see the effects of QE1 after it finished ie. inflation?

The questions regarding QE2 ending can somewhat be answered by looking back at how the market reacted when QE1 ended imo.

8. somerset

somerset Member Silver Stacker

Most probably silver will drop because of the industrial aspect - less things made, less silver used.

This would only be temporary though provided gold powers through and drags silver through its wake.

Personally I would like to see some kind of comex issue where the delivery sham has been revealed. That would be a pandora's box.

9. Nukz

Nukz New Member

This is what i'm seeing, i a little more confident about Gold though but only due to this Greece/Euro mess leading on i suspect after QE2 ends in 2 weeks. What i'm curious about is the banning of gold/silver futures contracts for retail investors in the U.S and what effect that may/may not have on the price of the metals. There are really mixed reactions to the announcement some suggesting it will be positive for prices and some suggesting it will be negative.

Any thoughts?

10. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

The whole planet is indebted !
    Alien references are not that far-fetched anymore!

11. goldpanner

goldpanner New Member

I read somewhere that it was a hoax (the banning of futures contracts for retail gold/silver) - can anyone verify that the annoncement was real?

12. Nukz

Nukz New Member

The problem with the conspiracy theorists like YKY is they can't explain there theory conflicts on one hand they are saying JPM/HSBC is manipulating the price of silver pushing it down, but have no problem with the price of the metal rising over 100% in a short time span(thats ok) it's just as soon as it drops its the evil paper shorts. Now I'm not up with the whole theory thing last i heard was Bob Chapman's predictions of silver at $80 in 2 weeks or something and that was just before it went into a huge correction.. were is Chapman now?

Now i guess the story is Silver will rise allot after QE2 but the backup is if it does not rise then we can fall back on the evil banker story shorting the market. Does this not sound convenient?

To be fair to YKY there are some theory's that do have some credibility and allot of the theory's make sense financially but getting evidence that it has occurred is the hard part. I wouldn't go as far as to suggest traders are evil it's simply the price starts to drop and people pile on the shorts for financial gain.

I have said this before but all the big silver bulls out there spreading these theory's about silver manipulation should divulge there positions. You can't have somebody spreading theory's around without letting listeners know what there actual positions are.

13. BBQ

BBQ Member

Never heard Bob say this. Do you have a link?

14. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

But ya gotta appreciate it, cos there really is a lot out there to consider, and the tin foil hat crew has looked at things from various angles which _maybe_ you may not have considered.

15. Nukz

Nukz New Member

Yea, it was discussed in this thread a little while back.

http://forums.silverstackers.com/to...lver-then-explosion-to-80-next-2-3-weeks.html

16. Nukz

Nukz New Member

I appreciate it in some sense, but when the thread is about thoughts on what will happen when QE2 ends and then the subject shifts to "it doesn't matter anyway because the bilderbergs run things" sorta thing then i think there is cause to question. By this i simply mean why/how & explain abit more as to why.

I believe some members have raised some really interesting points in this thread and its a genuine question to ask as many investors are not sure of the outcome when the printer stops. I think conspiracy aside there is a market consensus that QE3 is coming but i don't believe it will come on straight away and there will be a period of time without any market support by the FED which may have significant effects. This is not to say i agree with what the FED is doing simply that i believe they will continue to do this in the future because this is all they know how to do.

17. Mi lao shu

Mi lao shu Member

Can FED announce QE3 before congress approve raise of USA debt in August? If cant then we can only some actions like in Japan scenario to help Euro in meantime.

18. Nukz

Nukz New Member

They have been able to delay the debt limit default because they are tapping funds from state pension funds & 401k's so i guess they could tap another 600 billion out of them and call it QE3 but i don't think they want riots in the streets just yet.

19. thehuckler

thehuckler New Member

Congress serve no real political function these days.

Apart from Ron Paul, they're ornamental.

It's pretty obvious the FED can and will do whatever the fuck they want.

And @ Nukz:

Riots of any significant magnitude in the USA?

I wouldn't hold my breath.

That whole country is terminally sedated.

Americans are not Greeks.

(No offence intended to any American's by the way)

These statements are sweeping generalisations and I hope I'm wrong!

-=-=-

I think "they" will delay the announcement of further austerity measures (in whatever camouflage).

I think silver will fall during that time, purely because there's an excuse for it to do so!

I don't scream manipulation every 5 minutes but there's certainly a vested (western) interest in the price of gold and silver moving any direction except upwards.

"You can't let a good crises go to waste" comes to mind.