Your opinion...

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by User Name Here, Feb 2, 2021.

1. hardyakkagold

hardyakkagold Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes I read it and you have my sympathy for your terminal illness, do you want us to se up at GoFundMe page for your funeral expanse's?

Pity you cant handle a bit of name calling yourself, it was you who started it on the other thread bigmouth, prior to that I had never said
    anything to you or about you anywhere.

Don't start a fire if you cant handle the heat.

2. User Name Here

User Name Here New Member

I appreciate the opinions. Thanks for all the advice. I however do not feel I agree, at least not entirely with the option 4. For perspective, I live in USA in my mid 30s, with wife and 3 young kids. I can't realistically sacrifice too much to stack in my current lifestyle, nor would I want to. I do feel like we are walking a thin line bordering on chaos, but that's why I've stacked other precious metals - namely lead. I am looking at this as more of a diversification and hoping to safeguard my future even if only slightly by collecting something that can be used in place of paper money in any future reality. The allure of owning silver and gold in itself is appealing. I definitely would like to own gold but I don't like the idea of buying only gold in small increments (grams) mainly because of the premiums. I do agree buying silver, or gold, in larger amounts per transaction is the way to go. It just may not be as easy for me as smaller amounts more frequently. I obviously want to save on premiums and buy near spot, but as it seems right now online dealers are running low on supply. I have a local dealer that I've made contact with but he doesn't typically keep much on hand - which may actually work in my favor I think. Mainly because as he gathers some buy back silver, I may be a place he can sell to. I'm still working on my technique for sure and my plan as a whole and you are all helping to evolve that tremendously

mmm....shiney! and Stoic Phoenix like this.
  3. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Call me names then if it eases your Tourette's @hardyakkagold but in between the names and the facial tiks from being triggered please present a logical argument.
    I tried levelling the playing field to give you a fighting chance by not resorting to name calling, I dont feel the need to with you now ol timer

If you want it spelt out in black and white - your option 4 is for intellectually stunted morons who struggle to count to 12 without taking their shoes off. It is utterly devoid of any financial flair nor understanding of modern markets & economies.

Come to think of it I can now see its appeal to you.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  4. hardyakkagold

It is for each individual to make their own judgment as to what is a reasonable price to buy silver at.

Would I sell my car to buy silver? You bet your bottom silver dollar I would.

If I had a $50k I would sell it a buy a cheaper runabout and invest the rest in silver.

I was recently considering using $10k to upgrade my 20 year old Falcon, instead I used the $10k to buy more silver as the old falcon is still
    running flawlessly, we will see in the future if I have made the right decision;)

5. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

The number one thing to remmber with metals is that they don't produce an income.
    It can be argued that over the longer term you might be better off putting your monthly windfall into a dividend paying ETF like VHY. That way you get paid a dividend every quarter and it can get reinvested in the fund or taken as cash.
    Metals have a bad habbit of staying flat for a loooong time. Sure it "might be different" now, or it might not.
    I prefer to look at metals as an alternative to cash in the bank, and you should have a stack of (easily convertable) metals/cash for rainy days.

Sounds like you don't have any income producing investments, in which case I'd take Option 3 and invest in VHY or similar. Over the long term compound interest/dividends is incredibly powerful. So I'd say 2/3 VHY 1/3 unallocated metals at the Perth Mint (no storage fees, no shipping fees, can sell instantly and get the cash)

STKR, Markco2 and Stoic Phoenix like this.
  6. hardyakkagold

@Stoic Phoenix I have said I am going to say to you kid, time is too precious to be wasted on fools likes of you.

You are being placed on my ignored members list, wear the badge proudly, you are in esteemed company with Jester and the rest of the shitstirrers.

mmm....shiney! and Stoic Phoenix like this.
  7. Stoic Phoenix

For starters @User Name Here don't take advice from broke ass jokers who can't even logically defend their opinions they seem fit to share

8. Stoic Phoenix

Announcing Im on your ignored list is old man version of going on facebook to say you are having a break from facebook.
    Don't announce it you old weak hypocritical bitch just do it.
    See what happens when I stop being diplomatic? Dumb asses like you get offended.

PS - thanks for the entertainment

9. Ag bullet

Ag bullet Well-Known Member

Oh, in that case, have you considered stacking lead and copper? Pretty hot stuff over there at the moment.

User Name Here likes this.
  10. hardyakkagold

For the benefit of the ignored member I did own ( outright ) a brand new $130k Toyota Landcruiser Sahara only a few years ago,

I sold it and ploughed the proceeds into precious metals, so suck shit you loser.

Jealousy is the worst form of cancer.

11. Stoic Phoenix

Interesting quote as I would put money on it that ABSOLUTELY NO ONE on this forum is jealous of you, least of all me.

How could I be jealous of something I didnt even know about and even now when you felt the need to mention even care about?

Oh my friend, you are a special kind of special aren't ya

12. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You ragging again?

Stoic Phoenix likes this.
  13. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Work out how much you want to invest, then buy gradually over time, accumulating while it's trending up. If the price starts to fall that is not necessarily a signal to go all hardyakka and buy, it may be a signal that silver is losing value as an asset. You'll have to work out whether it is by looking at both the fundamentals and the technicals.

Option 1 I guess.

14. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Age/years to retirement?

15. User Name Here

I'm pretty set in the lead and copper stacking. That's one market in the US that if you haven't already been stacking, it's NOT a good time to be buying.

I'm 36 and currently about 13-14 years to retirement at my current job. Will probably continue to work for another few years at least part time doing something I enjoy more.

Ag bullet likes this.
  16. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If I am in your situation, for liquidity purpose, I'll only go for paper silver for the start, maybe PSLV (need to do homework on the reliability). Once you have "saved" $2000, spend half on a kilobar, don't buy from rip offs like Apmex, and continue this so that you're split between physical and paper. Once you have enough paper to cover 4-6 months expense, you can slowdown on paper silver. You may also want to consider gold as it is less volatile and doesn't fall as much in a stock market crash.

17. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You keep all your old car batteries?

18. User Name Here

Not quite. Mostly metrics like 5.56mm, 7.62mm, 9mm, 10mm

Skyrocket and mmm....shiney! like this.