X-terra 705

Discussion in 'Prospecting & Detecting' started by zachary898, Jun 3, 2014.

1. zachary898

zachary898 Member

My partner has promised to get me a X-TERRA 705 for Christmas if i hold off on buying one now.

Pretty keen to get out there and waste my time away under the buring QLD sun.

Who else has a X-terra 705 and is it easy to use?

Edit: Also has anyone kept a record of the total value of ltems found? Have you paid off your detector?

2. Sa_bogan

Sa_bogan Active Member Silver Stacker

I ha one as my first detector and it was very easy to use. I bought mine second hand from the miners den an it was the duel pack which came with 2 coils. What type of detecting are you going to do?

3. zachary898

zachary898 Member

Sweet, found any gold with the gold coil?

At first i think i will just go detecting anywhere, beach, park and bushland.

Then maybe have a go at Gold with the other Coil.

4. Sa_bogan

The only gold to find in SA is $1 and $2 coins lol
    To be honest I have seen other find very small gold like .01 nuggets with it. It's a very good park detector and will work in dry sand no problems. If your looking at wet sand and water detecting I wouldn't recommend it. I had the Excalibur 1000 and it's deadly in the beaches. IMO there is plenty of gold at the beach and my total silver coin count is around 75
    [​IMG]
    I know own the ctx 3030 and it's paying itself off nicely
    Found plenty of gold an silver jewelry as well

5. zachary898

zachary898 Member

Thats an awesome stash. Yeah, i thought the 705 would be a good starter and keep me going for a while. i rather just spend the money at first and not get a crap detector

6. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

I second that - craps out in wet sand. That said, awesome park machine and I've found hundreds of dollars with mine. Would be paid off if I got out more often with it. Very easy to swing.

7. Sa_bogan

Just to show you a some of what I have found recently
    14k and 9k wedding bands
    [​IMG]

8. zachary898

zachary898 Member

Thanks GP, i noticed your comments about the 705 on another thread. all the photos from peoples finds has got me buzzing!.

SA you are doing well, are you keeping the rings or do you mostly sell your found items?

9. Sa_bogan

I'm keeping all my finds until the end of the year. I would say I the last 3 months I have found at least 1oz of gold and many ozs of silver. A did manage to find over $100 in cash at the parks before I decided that I wanted to be dedicated to beach detecting.

10. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

just a word of warning people only show the good stuff be prepared to dig a lot of junk when learning and even after that's just how it is , all part of the fun!!

must have been looking for gold that day :)

[​IMG]

then there's these near on worthless brown things that have to come out if you want silver.

[​IMG]

a good day out :)

[​IMG]

pretty much cleaned my area out sure theres always something left but days like above are very rare these days its become very popular hobby and so I don't do much these days but still really enjoy it and good meditation and always come home with something and its exercise.

havent taken as many pics as I would have liked over the years but have found plenty of silver not so much gold :( but enough for it to be a buzz to find.

have 3 detectors and I know them well and 3 different brands all have a place where they work best :)

so get out there and have fun :)

11. zachary898

zachary898 Member

Ahaha thanks Ummm good advice, i can see how it would be relaxing and good exercise. I also realise there must be a lot of junk out there as well, thanks for posting the pics!