WWYD ???

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by AU 79 ... 196.97, Dec 31, 2010.

1. AU 79 ... 196.97

AU 79 ... 196.97 New Member

Hi mates, Happy new year and may 2011 be a very good stacking year for your all.

Just a question here for the mates. What would you do if you have 3 oz gold that you must exchange for silver. Your 1st. "gold for silver exchange" was 200 oz silver for 4 oz gold ( the GSR was 62.50, BUT the shipping, insurance and inport tax took 12 oz Ag away / 1 oz Au )

Will you wait for the GSR to better ? or will you do the deal now ?? You will recieve only 114 oz Ag for that 3 oz Au ( 38 oz Ag/1 oz Au ) ???

Thanx in advance

2. greyman68

greyman68 New Member

hard choice but you will recoup cost in long run, so pull the trigger

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Tough choice. I pulled the trigger at 55:1 for an oz of gold and already 5oz down, but don't feel that bad as it's my first oz of gold and I certainly wanted gold in my stack.

I think if you're on a short(ish) stack it doesn't really matter in the end. It's not like you're selling/swapping the farm here.

I'd personally keep the gold, but I'm a bit of a gold bug - but the upside of silver in the next few years is unquestionable as well.