WTB mostly year-specific Ag

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by Darwin, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Darwin

Darwin Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Basically it's exactly as the title indicates, I'm trying to get my grubby little paws on some silver (at least in colour) items.
    Not gold, not platinum, not brass, not bronze, not tin.
    Silver.
    Ish.

So the years I'm looking for are 1995 and 1988.
    1994 or 1996 and 1987 or 1989 will be ignored, as will any other year because those are different numbers and they aren't any kind of match for what I'm looking for. Or what I've been told I must look for.
    And we all know we XYs always do as we're told ;)

The items may be in the form of coins (which is most likely), they may be rounds (somewhat possible), or they could even be bars (because some crazy companies have apparently dated their bars - not in that way but it does kind of relate now that I think about it from the other perspective. You already knew I'm quite mad, calm down in the back).

In theory I'm looking only for up to 20oz (edited from 2oz because I forgot to proofread), but that's not a hard (here we go again, I swear I'm not trying to make innuendos) and fast rule since it's not unheard of that I could be persuaded to go to a higher price if the right item comes up (I can do this all day. Night. Whatever).

That's the first half of my seekings.

There's another type of thing I'm looking for, more in the numismatic and historical - and if I don't manage to find any She may well become hysterical) - I'm trying to track down some particular Filipino coins; they're mostly silver but they have been known to exist in other materials as well.
    That's one of my things.
    Well, not my thing as such, but I don't enjoy being slapped about the head by Her when She feels she has been disregarded.

They may be circulated or otherwise, that's immaterial, all I'm worried about is not being forced to wear the frying pan as a hat again.
    I feel it just doesn't suit me, even if it is now a little moulded to fit...

So let's get onto (you knew I was going to say that) the coins I'm looking for (in chronological order because any other is simply too har ... not going there ... I'll say "difficult" for me because I'm Very Much Not Clever Enough To Do It Any Other Way):

1828 8 Reales Fernando VII countermarked/counterstamped (of whatever purity because in the old times they either didn't know or just didn't really care how pure or not things were - just make sure you don't interrupt the siesta)
    1936 50 Centavos Commonwealth of the Philippines (.750 silver)
    1947 50 Centavos Douglas MacArthur (.750/.900 silver)
    1961 100th anniversary of Jose Rizal - one peso or half peso (believed to be .900 silver)
    1967 10 Centavos Imelda Marcos (copper)
    1967 25 Centavos Ferdinand Marcos (silver plated copper)
    1970 Pope Paul VI Philippines visit 1 peso (nickel or .900 silver)
    1970 Pope Paul VI & Ferdinand Marcos 1 peso (copper/silver plated copper)
    1974 25 piso Pope John Paul II Philippines visit (sterling)
    1974 25 piso 25th anniversary of the Central Bank of the Philippines (.900 silver)
    1975-1982 [I have been informed I am not to be fussed which year] 1 sentimo square (aluminium)
    1981 50 piso Pope John Paul II Philippines visit (sterling)
    1995 100 piso Papal visit (sterling) -- there's another version of this also, it's the 200 piso half oz in .999

If anybody has anything fitting those broad and admittedly vague descriptions, you know where the PM function is.
    Or post here.
    Whichever you prefer.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
    adze67, Ivykoin and aussiesilver like this.