[WTB] 1992 1oz silver SD NGC 69 & some sharing from a hong kong member

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by siuchek405, Jun 2, 2012.

1. siuchek405

siuchek405 New Member

Geez, this panda creature is really a curse to me....
    a member in this forum since 29/3,
    officially get my first slab in early march from a local coin shop, a 2001D ms69,
    3 months had passed and it's almost sucking me dry...
    it's really addictive...too addictive.

Really envy you guys out there who can get your hands on some great coins for a good price,
    here in hong kong, there is only ONE (yes, one) shop that you can pre-order upcoming panda coins and other previously issue in omp,
    for slabbed coins, you can only find them in a handful of numismatic shops,
    which they are not selling cheap, say e.g. a 1998 LD MS69 is asking USD700...
    though there are really some rarities to be found, like the bimetallic, 1kg panda, etc. but they are way out of my league,
    and most auction site in china do not ship to hong kong...

so possible ways to get panda is from ebay and yahoo local auction,
    ebay is fine, but the shipping cost can be very detrimental in some sellers even the coin is a bargain,
    USD 50 for a single coin which worth 100, while US residents get free shipping....
    and for how many times i have seen some nice pandas slipped through my hands just because they don't ship international...
    and i have no choice but to pay a premium for those sellers who will ship to hong kong,
    same coin, same grade, an ocean apart, cost me much much more...

So i want to try my luck here,
    If anyone has one to spare, please kindly email me a photo

1992 Small Date 1oz silver NGC MS69 NCS or not

This will be my last one for this year... and then i will be saving money for a bigger flat since i and my wife are planning to have a baby...
    so much for panda sniping now...:/

For you guys out there who are not familiar with the real estate situation here in hong kong,
    i can tell you it's real ugly, in a way that the price are at a record high since the 98 financial crisis,
    give you an idea, avearge cost of flat in hong kong is HKD8,000 per sq feet, i.e. USD 11,000 per sq meter,
    i am talking about ordinary flat, not high end beverly hill or rhode island stuff, for those at least a double...
    and you know what, flat size in hong kong is this, 70 sq meter is the nominal flat size for a 2 bedrooms unit,
    hong kong is a tiny place afterall... and my career as an architect only give me USD 70,000 per annum before tax...
    anyway back to the topic, just so if anyone have this, feel me to pm me for an offer.

2. siuchek405

siuchek405 New Member

I will pay with paypal and the item is to be shipped to Hong Kong

3. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

Try with yennus of fishball for 1992SD
    Beware of apartaments bubbles. Here he have a lot of it. One crisis each 10/15 years.
    If you take a Mortgage pay more % but choose fixed not variable. With the upcoming global inflation the mortgage fixed will became less and less in real Terms.

4. Catseye

Catseye New Member

+1 ^This!

5. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Sorry I don't have a 92 SD... not even one let alone a spare hehe. Another Hong Kong SS member bought the one on MCM for $295 US.

@siuchek405
    I completely understand what you mean about property price in HK. A 300 sq ft tiny tiny box apartment already... 300k HKD. Crazy? Very unaffordable housing, even worse than Sydney.

Even the rents are a killer with rents over $10,000 HK for a place where you can actually move lol. You would think it is unsustainable but the flood of mainland buyers is non-stop...

Good luck with your purchase of property, I am sure it is very difficult and much harder to do than buying full panda sets :p

6. Lunarowl

Lunarowl Active Member Silver Stacker

Similar to Singapore. It's not like they have much spare land area to build on :/