Would you pay off debts or buy silver first?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Recon, Oct 6, 2011.

1. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

If you want to pay more for a shinier/prettier bar, there are PAMP Suisse bars, or silverstackers or southern cross stackers. To each his own :)

2. Southerner

Southerner Active Member Silver Stacker

Are you married.
    If you are ..... YOU KNOW THE ANSWER.

Money is important, but life is made up of much more than money.

3. Nukz

Nukz New Member

If you can easily afford to pay the car just pay the minimum and put some leftovers into a emergency cash fund and some into other investments of your choosing(bullion, shares, art... the list goes on).

4. backsideroyale

backsideroyale Member

Interesting topic...Im in a bind myself as I want more PMs at todays prices but I allready have more debt than I am comfortable with, although at a reasonable interest rate as it is all in a mortgage.

I have the ability to "top up" my home loan and use these funds to buy PMs, speculating that they will increase in value more than the interest rate I would be paying on the fiat borrowed (7.11%).

Ive been into PMs since mid 08 and almost immediatly (post gfc) i decided I would never speculate in the short-mid term on metals as the markets dont react as one would expect. That said I think PMs are underpriced currently and a bargain. I have little disposable income due to my levereged position in the property market (which I am working on exiting via a subdivision process) so my ability to purchase PM outright is not much...a 7.11 percent interest rate to leverage myself into more PMs seems attractive.

5. centralPA

centralPA New Member

I am gasping at these replies. Screw the debt! I would go into even more debt and load up the truck in silver. You do not have much time.

EU needs 6.2 trillion $. Back up the truck TODAY!

6. rick_au

rick_au Member

What happens when the debt collectors come knocking on your door?

7. Recon

Recon New Member

Well the debt collectors don't come knocking if you make the minimum payments. In my original question, I wasn't suggesting making NO payments on the debt, I was asking whether you'd pay the debt off fast or pay it off slow and buy silver in the meantime.

8. centralPA

centralPA New Member

So they knock? Who cares. Unless you can go to jail for it... not a problem. Maybe OZ law is more onerous when it comes to debt. The increase in the price of the silver will still be as good and better then the interest owed...

9. picturefun

picturefun Member

In the U.S., they can garnish one's wage, up to 25% of one/s paycheck, for credit card default debt, as long as he/she has a job.

10. ReturnToZero

ReturnToZero New Member

This is the most idiotic and stupidest advice I have ever seen on this forum. Ever.

I don't even need to present an argument as to why.

11. Recon

Recon New Member

Far be it from me to agree with a Keynesian, but I have to say I concur that deliberately defaulting on one's debt to buy silver is one of the dumbest things a person could do.