Would u lend someone on silver stackers money?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by ego2spare, Apr 24, 2014.

1. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

There have been some *significant* private equity loan deals on here between members that I'm aware of. It all comes down to trust.

There's always people with money to invest, and always people with opportunities to fund. The two just need to meet.

I'm always happy to have a chat with anyone looking to earn interest on $250k or more, because I know people who would be able to utilise it and pay a return above what could be earnt in a Ubank account. Ultimately it will always come down to trust - do you trust someone with your quarter or half million dollars even with a contract in place.

2. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Without "knowing" a person (the " have a reason), I wouldn't lend money.
    Only after "knowing", and starting from "unknown", I'd require to know where the money will go to, and for which reasons. Then I would try to estimate the risk.
    Then I would do a nap.
    Then I would think about it a day.
    Then again a nap.
    Then I would call to ask if he's still on it.
    Then I would decide.
    If it's for $5, I'd permit to skip all above steps, and give it so I can watch further the Simpsons.

3. Brzt

Brzt Active Member

I wouldn't go doing it at the moment as I am very new to this forum / community.
    I will however add that I have made decent money (a little over$1000 in less then 3 months) lending on Reddit's short term loan sub Reddit.
    In that time period I had two loans not paid back and I have taken that into account when saying I made over $1000. There was a third loan that I thought I lost the money on but turned out the guy had his internet and mobile phone cut off and it took him a few days to get in contact with me and let me know what was going on, it took him almost double the time to pay back the agreed amount but that was worked into it and the loan fee was adjusted to reflect this.

I did consider setting up a a small amount, short term (less then $5,000) high interest (like higher then credit cards) and fee's loan business about a year back but when I started looking into it I decided it wasn't worth the effort.

4. Bargain Hunter

Bargain Hunter Active Member

I would be happy to lend to people here short term if they put up gold and silver as collateral. Meet up with the person face to face and exchange cash for collateral. Of course the price of gold and silver fluctuates so its not a perfect solution but it is better than an unbacked loan.

5. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Couldnt that person just sell that 'collateral silver'?
    I think that's where your proposition comes down to.

6. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Escrow service would solve that problem