Would everybody please stop selling silver to each other!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Jislizard, Oct 26, 2011.

1. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

this thread is full of fallacies :) if people on the forum want to sell. and others on the forum wont buy off forum goers then that silver enters the regular market and has the same affect as if a forumer bought here instead of out there.

also, the people who buy on the dips and sell on the peaks REDUCE volatillity not increase it as they are going against the trend, keeping prices more stable.

2. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

We ARE the market - the INFORMED market - way more than one step ahead of Johnny Retail Investor I'd say...

So any trading amongst ourselves simply performs a function of the market that we swim in, if you think about it...

I say that in the knowledge that until now we've been given the impossible task of jumping from a silver pool up an imponderably-high waterfall of shorts, hammering the price down as & when required by the likes of JPM & pals... I think we're seeing a reduction in the height of that waterfall right now - a very welcome event IMHO.

VRS ;)x

3. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Granted the thread is full of fallacies, but you recon the speculators reduce volitility? I am not so sure, by volatility I mean going up and down, up and down, rather than just steadily increasing prices. From what I have seen, prices rise quite nicely and then people decide to do some profit taking and before you know it the prices drop, then everyone starts buying the dips and the prices start to rise again. I think that is what was happening at the beginning of the year anyway.

It is people wanting to sell their silver who are the big problem. Even if they could hold out in the short term I am sure when the prices started to rise they would be taking profits.

Fortunately I am having more luck in my attempts to corner the market in cereal box toys, of which have an impressive stack.

4. xenith69

xenith69 New Member

Call ur selves stackers?
    Or traders?
    For me, i trade shares not bullion,but im strange i guess! :/

5. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

I see what you're saying Jislizard...

Couldn't you sum it up as "Buy from the mints and hold forever"?

As long as no on sells, then we create a one-way market between the mints and individuals, sorta like buying underwear from Big W that you use long-term and never sell (the exception being MatrixOpals underwear).

But some members here would let the rest of us down unfortunately.
    Conmen lurk everywhere :/

6. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I guess I could have gone with "Buy from the mints and hold forever" it would have saved a lot of trouble!