Worry not, grasshopper.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by mmissinglink, Aug 24, 2013.

1. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

In every stacker forum I've visited and all over the internet I have seen many people (namely stackers) who have interest in physical precious metals products look desperately to compare and even compete with other stackers. I think a big part of it is insecurity. This same insecurity also takes on the face of worry with many new stackers who get worried or worked up about not having enough ounces in their stack 6 months into their pm consciousness.

My advice to stackers, especially new stackers is don't worry about how much you have compared to Joe Blow or whether your 15 or 1500 ounces of silver is enough in 6 months. The important thing to realize is that you have become aware of the value of acquiring precious metals and that even your 15 ounces of pms is probably somewhere around 15 ounces more than 99% of what the public owns.

So chill out and worry not, grasshopper....you are doing just fine at the pace that you are going.

2. pi

pi Active Member Silver Stacker

I did have 15 ounces....until this morning when I had an unfortunate boating accident and lost all 15.

3. bloomst

bloomst Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You only have 15oz and already have your first boating incidents??

Welcome to the club brudder...you'll fit right in here :D

4. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

mmissinglink..So Right!!!

It is not the size of your stack that counts but what it is made of.

Regards Errol 43

5. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

You're spot on the money Missinglink... no pun intended.

The fact of the matter is, unless you're swimming in fiat, a good stack is going to take time to build up, and is going to depend on how much fiat you have spare every week or month.

I've been stacking for at least 6 years, and still am looking to get more, I'm nowhere near my "target" (and nor would I stop stacking if I got there).

This is a game of patience, and the most important thing to remember - even if you have one ounce in your stack - you're going to be better off than 99% of the population.

Welcome to the 1% ;)

6. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

Most likely if you already have a huge stash of Fiat, diverse investments etc. Then you wouldn't give a rats about PM's. Stacking is for those of us that seek to gain a value appreciation over Fiat so we can have more of it. Kinda contradicts the whole "I'm a Stacker and Proud of it!" concept in a way.

7. pdkbffwleo

pdkbffwleo New Member

No kidding