WorleyParsons (WOR)

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by finicky, Nov 20, 2013.

1. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

WorleyParsons (WOR) down $5 or 24%

16/03/2012 <- note date

http://www.switzersuperreport.com.a...e-dividend-paying-small-cap-stocks-out-there/

Bit unfair maybe, I like George Boubouras from UBS, but he talks too fast. He has pet phrases such as "best in breed", and applied it to Worley Parsons (WOR)

lol

Timberrr...

Released today, company downdate:

Of the three small cap suggestions from George at the time of video:

BT Investment Management (BTT): more than 2 bagged
    APN News & Media (APN): cratered after he suggested it and has since only recovered to half the price
    Servcorp (SRV): risen 20-25% but went lower before rising

Most of the big cap stocks he was saying should make up bulk of a p/f have of course done very well since time of video (mid march 2012)

2. finicky

This got tweeted recently. Tweet on Mar 22 said Morgan Stanley tipping WOR to outperform ASX200 over next 60 days because it's got too cheap.

Real reason probably because they've chosen a 'blue chip' stock with good chart 'structure', set clients up, and now ramping it on media.
    Interim reporting passed late Feb, not too bad, eps basically steady and dividend maintained. Now trading ex div.
    Stocksinvalue currently sees it as low business risk but worth 24% less ($2 less) than current price

- First to notice is the record positive monthly volumes Feb and Mar (1st chart)
    - Candles sticks being thrown are gravestone and hammer like - good candidates for a low. If you look at the 'bodies' of the candles they are small suggesting to me buyers will take all sellers are offering and probably high frequency algo trading is at work accumulating shares for the privileged. This last because of the very high volume without moving the price much. Also I have also gained the impression that instos prefer Worley in this sector.
    - This chart development is taking place just below level of GFC LOW

- Daily Volatility is narrowing, price is trending on this scale (2nd chart)

IMO this is only worth considering as a trading idea, buy under $10 with stop loss in mind

disclosure: no position
    Sentiment: cautious spec buy idea

WOR decade Monthly
    [imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/1893_wor_decade_mthly_mar24.gif][​IMG][/imgz]

WOR 6 mths Daily
    [imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/1893_wor_dly_mar24.gif][​IMG][/imgz]

3. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Not arguing with the technical analysis, but I can't see where a pick up anywhere in the mining services sector is going to come from unless China provides more stimulus to their economy

4. finicky

Down 4.5% intraday and announcement today that Morgan Stanley ceased to be a substantial holder. They are borrowing shares as well as buying and selling shares today's announcement shows - for high frequency trading activity I assume, from my depth of naivete on the practice.
    Too opaque for me and Dly price must recover soon. So changing my sentiment now to "too dodgy".

[imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/1893_wor_dly_6_mths_mar_30.gif][​IMG][/imgz]

5. finicky

As so often the case, let my eye drift from the ball late in the 'never ending' downtrend. Four bagger from the eventual LOW. Check the monthly demand volumes during Feb and Mar 2016, a year on from my bumbling speculations.

Reason I looked into Worley Parsons again is the interesting articles I've been coming across for months about the supposed beginnings of a new commodities long cycle. Led by oil if you accept these guys' arguments. They are bullish gold too, but think the gold to crude ratio currently far favours oil.
    Precious Metals Do Well in a Rising Commodity Price Environment but Today Oil Represents a More Attractive Investment

WOR Monthly
    big (1).gif