WOOWWWW THERE, WHAT'S GOING ON?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Lurkalot, Aug 20, 2012.

1. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

When the people/stacker bought in at $48 if they kept buying on the way down the CPA would have to fall..The ones that are caught are the ones who put all their fiat into silver and have none left to buy on the way down.

Small stackers who buy less than 5oz week would not be too concerned if if they been buying for the last 5 years or so.

I am always worried when the POS gets into the $40+ range as I get nervous and find it hard to buy.
    One of these times it may well surge past $45 and I will have bought none in the 40 to 50 range. I will just have to be satisfied with my stack purchased prior to the $40 mark.

I get some of my silver out some times to have a look and I am amazed at how little I paid for some of them..

Will I ever find it hard to buy if Silver ever goes over $50..You bet I will! Thats when I will be searching for bargains if someone forgets to move their prices.

Regards Errol 43

2. warrenworthingtoniii

warrenworthingtoniii New Member

Now is a great time to buy, but it's been so since last year. Even when silver was at the $40s, it shouldn't be too distressing to have bought then, if you're looking to the long-term and not your monthly gains.

3. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

"Now is a great time to buy" oh noooooooooooooooooooo! here we go again :rolleyes:

4. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Investment advice for dummies:

<Insert asset class here>

<...> price is going up, now is the time to buy before it goes higher.
    <...> price has gone down, now is the time to stock up while it's cheap before it goes higher.
    <...> price is constant, now is the time to accumulate before it goes higher.

[Edit: Oh, and if writing for MSM then add "this will affect interest rates".]

5. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

certain aspects need to be investigated in more details as to our reasons of getting more ounces or more fiat.

more is certainly better but more Zim $ is not.

more silver oz is definitely better... but more of 2008 kooks can be much better than say some silver rounds... except that your rounds are all this kind [​IMG] :lol:

we have to value and mark it to some sort of benchmark, either convertibility to silver or to gold and even to paper. ;)

6. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes. Of course we could resort to investigating a number of certain aspects (excuses), particularly for numis. But not in the context of this thread.

And, of course, I was waiting for this.
    The obligatory 5h!t slinging at an objective opinion - usually slung as a last resort when any intelligent or rational permabull arguments or justifications have been exhausted. :p
    The alternative is to ignore any losses, and sit around pulling each other while we bat on pretending that no matter what, the noble stacker is above any losses - because we are always right and we will always keep telling ourselves that. :lol:

7. Ilikemetals

Ilikemetals Member

A lot of sources indicate another bull run heading up until around December. If this is the case, i'm gonna be a little upset. Won't get my tax return back for another week and the rise starting now may cost me a bit of money lol

8. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

How did those who held long term in the last silver bull market fair?

So holding paper currency as silver drops from$48 to $26 is a mistake? You only veiw it as a mistake because you didn't take some profit and reinvest at a significantly lower price and gain more ounces.

C

9. alor

when your average cost is at the extreme low point, then realizing some gains and then spent the profit, that does not make the average cost to change, only enjoying the benefit with lesser amount of oz of silver. if the total sell proceed sold at the top will be re-invested back again into silver, that will increase the total holdings.

are there people trading in ten of thousands of tonnes just to make this kind of bet? how do they actually move the silver around :lol:
    the whole team of SS will never move that kind of silver fast enough :rolleyes:

HiHoHiHo silver is on the move again...

10. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's easy.
    Hold a core stack of physical.
    Sell paper into the dips to hedge your stack - buy more physical ounces with profit.
    Buy paper into the rises to add to your stack - buy more physical ounces with profit.

11. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

hmmm...snake is about to come out,price is about to go up:) no coincidence,just saying:)

12. Applesmfc

Applesmfc Member Silver Stacker

It's been a big couple of days on the back of...............hmmmm, nothing!

Any theories out there?

Are we off and running for real?

13. Emanance

Emanance Guest

Perhaps the well publicized recent positions in gold by both George Soros & Jacob Rothschild have taken has helped open the eyes of the share market masses that they have been investing in the wrong asset class.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/...all-betting-that-financial-disaster-is-coming
    http://etfdailynews.com/2012/08/20/...oros-are-all-betting-on-a-financial-collapse/

14. Applesmfc

Applesmfc Member Silver Stacker

Let's hope so I guess. Although I was hoping the sale might last a little longer while I built my stack as fast as possible.

15. Emanance

Emanance Guest

Considering PM's are on the opposite side of the table of fiat, and the vanguard of fiat are exchanging fiat for PM's, are we seeing the beginning of the end for paper?

16. alor

yeah, but that MF Global just took away all the paper gain, and need to top up more fiat, there is no more fiat left. Got force to sell some oz at the low and now the paper gain is up in smoke and the total holding just "ciut", got much smaller :(

17. ironwood

ironwood Active Member Silver Stacker

Although I have my doubts about QE3. Possibly could be that some Fed minutes were leaked. Or something along those lines. :/

18. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I don't think personally that we can compete on the same playing field with the likes of Paulsen or that maggot Soro's but it is quite interesting that they would both choose to invest in the paper PM market at the moment and in such a big way.

wrcmad, While I do get your philosophy of losing opportunity when prices withdraw while holding physical purchased at X price, I still fail to see how an individual actually loses unless selling at a loss. You place the loss in ounces so far as I can tell but surely X amount of ounces is still x amount.

Would you consider x amount sold at Y price only to see Y rise the next day as a loss also, compared to holding for that extra day and X amount being worth Y more?

I am not being antagonistic here, merely trying to learn another point of view that conflicts with my own and hopefully learn something to add to the artillery.

From my own point of view if i buy X amount @ y price with the aim of holding to either hedge or save I fail to see, despite any sort of fluctuation in the price how I can lose on that purchase unless I sell. Sure enough if I timed my purchase in comparison to Y @ a lower rate I could of purchased possibly more but the same equation could also see me purchasing less of X for the same price.

Vice versa for selling x. I have say 10 ounces bought for $300 dollars, the price drops to $280 the next day. I have lost $20 dollars of opportunity according to my understanding of your opinion. But I still have 10 ounces.
    If the price rose by $20 dollars the next day, I still have ten ounces. I have not sold or gained any more in ounces and the only change has been in fiat.

The fact is despite the change in value I still have the same amount in ounces. The only opportunity lost I can see is an ephemeral change in fiat value as opposed to a constant in weight.

I am trying to understand, A: If you hold how do you lose? B: If you buy and then sell and prices continue to rise is that not a loss? C: If you lose by holding till prices rise and also lose by selling if prices continue rise afterwards then why bother?

I should qualify by stating I am physical only and long term.

19. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImbW-p4c4gQ[/youtube]

20. Diablo21

Diablo21 Member

I have a feeling it's not JPM that's manipulating the price of silver, it's PM ;). (if you believe that sort of thing).