woohooo I'm not so mad after all!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by stackingdownunder, Sep 24, 2012.

1. stackingdownunder

stackingdownunder New Member

I just wanted to get that off my chest! Needless to say, one tends to get some strange looks from friends and family when extolling the virtues of 'real' money and the flawed reality of government controlled fiat. But meh, what can you do. It good to have found an OZ forum with liked minded people.

I was working for a 'marker maker'in 08/09 in Sydney when all this stuff blew up (i quit and when back to uni) and I haven't look at anything financial (more interested in conservative political philosophy/theory) until really the start of this year.

My God. I never considered myself a conspiracy person, now I've no choice. Capping, manipulation, QE, etc etc. I never fully appreciated the term - 'political economy'. What a mistake that was.

Turd Ferguson and co (and I'm sure what I'll come to read here) really do open your eyes.

I've set my self a goal and am 70 oz short. Once that goal is obtained, I'm going to give up reading gold/silver issues daily, weekly and try and enjoy life a bit more.

Anyone else sometimes left feeling like the world is on the percept of a real decline in civilization? A recent show on the ABC had one punter comparing modern day countries of the West with the Roman Empire - exhausting resources, immigration for economic growth, devaluing of the currency - which blew me away. I've always been interested in why Rome had collapsed but to have parallels drawn between your own civilisation and that of Rome was breathtaking and down right scary! Esp. about the declining silver content of coins over time to the point where they had very little or no silver - you look at that 20 cent of 50 cent piece in your hand and think - well, we're f%$ked.

I would appreciate any old timers advice who've experienced periods before where things weren't looking so great (recesssion, old crisis in the 70s etc, stock crashes) to perhaps draw some comparisons between then and now, just to gauge how this time compares the other occasions where people though the end is nigh.

Otherwise, it feels bloody good to forgo the purchasing of consumer crap for solid sliver.

keep on stacking!

2. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Welcome, you sure have the right vibe

3. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Great to see another convert.

4. Emanance

Emanance Guest

Amazing how accurate the 'Turd' is at times with his predictions. I was reading his weekend review just last night where in he was suggesting to look out for a $1755-$1760 dip in golds price early in the week, and look at the price just now: $1759. Hoping the second part of his prediction comes true also: a bounce up through $1780 :).

Good to meet you stackingdownunder :D.

5. SilverTouch

SilverTouch Active Member Silver Stacker

Welcome mate

6. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

good for you, mainstream education is implicit in the whole scam, steer clear of it

7. Willow

Willow New Member

What a thumping first post!. Welcome, it seems to me history is an echo not simply a repeat. And i find that things seem to take longer to happen than i expect.

what are you planning on filling that 70 oz hole with? kooks, bars, austrians?

8. Ernster

Ernster New Member

Welcome wise one, the fun is just beginning:)

9. Silvermate

Silvermate Member Silver Stacker

Hi Stacking, Enjoy SS & most of all enjoy your Stacking....Downunder. :)

10. Thanhtrung41

Thanhtrung41 New Member

Welcome and keep stacking! : )

11. Dirtbikepilot

Dirtbikepilot Active Member

And you think because we agree with you your not mad? Anyway
    gotta go If I miss pill time they lock me in my room...Welcome to the nut house

12. Vredaren

Vredaren Member

Welcome aboard!