Withdrawning your super, has anyone been succesful? And how?

Discussion in 'Superannuation' started by Silvervest, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Silvervest

Silvervest New Member

My firearms will be worth way more than the silver in the long term as their limited builds and some are not made anymore. I am wanting to change my investment and put some into silver but the idea was too keep it where in a collapse i dontt get stuck with paper silver shares that are worth nothing due to either the company not having the physical silver to back up the shares or worse loosing the whole lot.

But seems as though i would be better off using any cash for this purpose.

2. Silvervest

Silvervest New Member

Yes i am looking to change my investment options but wanted the security of knowing where my investment is and that i actually have the physical silver as oposed to a paper share where if anything goes qrong u could loose the paper shares all together or the company simple over sells any physical silver they have.

I am not interested in spending my super just reorganising

3. redwood

redwood New Member

I speak on behalf of the masses - whats in the collection? are all firearms registered? are you thinking of storing the silver next to the guns? Sarcasm alert....

Cheers, Ivan

4. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

You can do all that with an smsf, as others have posted here - just can't store it at home.

5. Silvervest

Silvervest New Member

Antique winchesters my friend ;) and my debt isnt enough not to be managable so no need to part with my collection.

Silver would be seperate and yes all arms are registered too much to loose if they were not.

I guess ill have to settle with paper silver as an investment option for now, damn kilos gone up to $714! Was $698 like two weeks ago lol

6. Skyblues

Skyblues Member

how about SMSF sitting in the mortgage offset account of the PPOR?

Does that pass as an SMSF investment strategy - you know the holistic approach from a total wealth/financial impact point of view :cool: