Win my price !

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Goldhamster, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Goldhamster

Goldhamster New Member

I guess everyone here knows why our old 50 cent piece stopped circulating a few decades ago and I wont get into it here.
    A few of you might even remember holding a 1 cent or 2 cent coin before they also stopped us using them(but are still legal tender to this day).
    It seems like a given to me that our remaining coins will also soon become extinct,but which one will go first ?
    If you think you know the answer be quick and you can win the Excel spreadsheet I've just done up out of boredom.Its a fun little thing and might convince you to stack something other than Silver.
    In case of a draw the winner will be the one who guesses the metal value ,in %,in our old 1 cent Feathertail Glider coins.

Cheers

P.S.:Don't know when I am next to a PC

2. SilverSurfer77

SilverSurfer77 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think the coins will probably stay around a bit longer but they might change the metal composition or size as they have done in other countries.

I reckon the 5 cent can't get much smaller so it might be made in steel or even copper clad zinc.

I am glad they got rid of copper coins, I hate the smell on your hands after handling them, and the dirt that comes off them.