Will the ECB meeting drive down silver again?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Theantifunie, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Theantifunie

Theantifunie New Member

Hey stackers,
    I'm new here and have only Been stacking since October. I'm curious as to whether a QE cycle in the Eurozone could drive down the price of silver. I would think that a QE would give the allusion of a stronger Euro and cause silver to dip. Thoughts?

2. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hi and welcome,

Who knows, the zombie economy seems totally detached from reality, who knows what anything will do anymore, all we can be sure of is that we will cop the fall out.

3. Theantifunie

Theantifunie New Member

It seems to have had the opposite affect so far.....guess i was wrong.

4. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Buy the rumour sell the news

5. Kam

Kam Active Member Silver Stacker

Doesn't seem to work for the euro

6. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

usually a lag of 1 or 2 days to get the johnny come latelys in

7. 007Silver

007Silver New Member

New York drove prices up last few weeks. Asian markets could careless about the ECB talks,FED will get fiat babied as soon as they want.T

8. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

Lets consider what is down . For me a good down price is under $20
    and the reason I have that comfort feeling of under $20 being low
    is due to me starting the Stacking concept around march 2011 @ $39 oz & April 25 2011 peaked at around $47.38
    silver stayed in the $30 range till Feb 2013 .Those stacking days felt like a life time for me.
    Yet had I started stacking any time before Sept 2010 $20 and $7 per oz was common price & actually Sept 2010 for stacker's was considered higher pricing
    For a mere bit of time Feb 2011 to Feb 2013 silver was $30 and above the travel up before 2011 and down after 2013
    If you really take a look at silvers track record we make a commotion much about nothing . If silver went to $7 it would be completely normal considering silvers past performance .
    The stacking of silver is simply a way to store Shiny value with a metal that has some size to it and feels like an accomplishment
    after all we could stack ( and many do regardless of higher premium) 1/2 Gram gold bars for $20 range a full gram $47
    But hold in your hand same value gold to silver is just not a rewarding .
    Holding a nice new 10 oz silver bar you feel like "hey I'm doing it man "
    I bet having a 10 oz gold bar would really feel nice if not a sobering reality.

The more I investigate , I see it's us (stacker's ) against them & THEM are individuals that create money from paper with THEM you have winners and losers. We hold the item that history has proven has value , it does not vanish , it can drop big but there is no time limits it's yours to wait and see .
    I am feeling stacking silver is not such an investment but more a safe hedge of value to ride the wave of insanity created by the lords of Fiat . I suspect the stacker's of silver are an annoying reality proving to owners of Paper there playing with air , many get get rich on air . But some day the holders of the stack slow but sure could prove to have been the wisest direction once the smoke clears.

So you ask " Will the ECB meeting drive down silver again " well if the Fiat investment world can convince they are the way to go or if people feel better with stocks . Paper silver will suffer and we can buy it for less . Look the world is trading to and fro in digital signals . Pay your wall-mart bill with a check & they don't even keep check it's not even paper any more, the term paper is a word, it's digital storage of numbers, thats what has happened .

Silver is amazing - it's labor intensive , some one has to mine it , or recycle it , then melt it , mint it , then load and move tons of bullion to customers who intern start to realize this could get bulky where do I keep it safe .
    I am thinking the outside world is crazy & stacking silver is security . The outside crazy world will cause up & down Blips in silver
    pricing yet the more people that catch on to holding true physical silver will help shape the future to a honest system.

9. Eruaran

Eruaran Member

I hope it does. :cool:

10. Theantifunie

Theantifunie New Member

So do I, I didn't have enough time at $15-$16US to buy all I wanted. Granted, I'm buying now also.