Will the debt spiral out of control?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TheEnd, Oct 22, 2013.

1. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Within a few days of the latest debt ceiling deal the 'U.Sdebtclock.org' is already well on its way past 17.7 Trillion....... What i am trying to understand is that as time goes on in the next few months, will the debt increase higher and higher in a shorter amount of time than say the last two years, so that by Jan/Feb 2014 the clock may be up 18-20 Trillion?

If you watch the clock it is ticking over pretty fast...... Also, even though the U.S can pay there bills with incoming tax money, if there is any sign of interest rates rising from the 0.% they are now, it will dramatically effect U.S interest payments so they may have to borrow even more money again to pay for it!

It seems to me that they are chasing there tail trying to catch up with payments but they cannot catch up because its spiralling out of control?

I just came up with a great idea, I have logged the reading of the clock @7.00am this morning, i am going to watch the clock throughout the days/weeks and try to calculate a 12 or 24hr figure then times it by a few months!

2. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

it is ALREADY out of control.

OC

3. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Ye i know that but do you understand what i mean by it racking up the Trillions quicker and quicker with each month that passes.......They will not be able to stop it no matter how much they borrow..... This is why Keynesian economics is flawed?

4. Newtosilver

Newtosilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes it is getting higher faster, compounding interest and yes you should be worried......... I would suggest running around your local shopping centre yelling "EVERYONE PANIC, EVERYONE PANIC, RUN, RUN ...... EVERYONE PANIC" and hand out flyers telling everyone what is going on :)

It is TheEnd. :)

5. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Well I just found an article stating that exactly five years ago, October 2008, the debt clock ticked just over 10 Trillion...... So within 5 years they have created 7 TRILLION of new debt...... Therfore in another five years the debt clock will be around 25 Trillion possibly even more with my accumulating quicker calculation.....

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH DEAR!!!!!!!!!

p.s I've been up since 6am trying to work all this out......And i think i have nailed it!

6. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

AND I have just seen in the 'youtube' section that Peter Schiff has also predicted the debt clock to go to 23 Trillion...... I reckon my prediction is more accurate considering my 'time to debt' calculations!

Heres Schiffy's clip!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=578_1382435865

7. Trogga

Trogga New Member Silver Stacker

.......and yet, the earth keeps on spinning

8. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

We are well past the stage that Keynes ideas would be any help. They will do nothing but print and spend until SHTF Day dawns.

The pollies will never accept von Mises, so we are all doomed.

I suggest we all stock up on silver!!!!

OC

9. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Ye and you will die on the street with the rest of them if you are not mentally, physically, medically, and financially fit plus have large amounts of food and consumables stacked....... DO NOT treat this like its a game.....Your worst nightmare is just around the corner!

10. col0016

col0016 Active Member

This is a serious suggestion, if you live as far out in the sticks as you make out then start growing some weed. Sell most of it so you can prepare like you suggested above, but make sure you smoke some as well because you need to chill the fuk out lol.

11. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Doom & Gloomers have been saying that for longer than one can remember.
    Not saying there is no chance it will happen, but any responsible investor has to consider the huge opportunity cost of sitting on the sidelines.

12. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Will there ever be a day that TheEnd doesn't start a new thread ?

13. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

O.k, well you tell me just how far the U.S/The Fed are going to go.....25T, 30T or maybe 50T.........This is the most debt EVER created in the history of mankind.....And its all paper and ink.........ALL fiat currencies before the USD have FAILED!!

Oh, and whats goin to happen when they increase interest rates finally even to 1.00%....... They cannot even afford that much let alone 5-10%!

14. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

NOBODY KNOWS !!!!!!!

Everybody knows it cannot continue forever but NOBODY KNOWS how far it could keep going.

Many warned about this in the 1980s and it's still going - and going up faster and faster.

One day the world will tell the US to get f*cked and will stop lending them money.
    Might be next year, might be in 2025.

In the mean time, if you sit around doing nothing but worrying about it you are wasting the time you could be doing something useful with your life.

15. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Yes you are correct........ but check my calculations on how much debt they have incurred in the alst 5years since GFC 2008........... it is going to double that again in the next five years possibly even more......Its just not sustainable on any logical terms!
    The debt is already PARABOLIC on the debt chart since off the Gold standard in 71........How high is this thing gunna go???????????

16. Trogga

Haha righto champ

17. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

another the sky is falling thread by the end.

how about you stop posting fud about stuff outside your controll and get a job.

18. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

58?":

No worries mate i'm already prepared, have been for years, no mortgage, no rent just bills and food, minimal personal debt, only 1k credit card, two fairly reliable cars running LPG that I can maintain mostly myself, Appreciating investment returning $100k or more hopefully soon this year......Two things I dont have is an automatic handgun/shotgun to protect myself when the Shit really hits the Fan. And I spent all my stack earlier this year on a failed business experiment...

Also very glad I dont live in Amerika....wot an aweful bloody place to be right now!

19. Trogga

Cool story bro....

All i have is my sanity

20. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Ye well you betta keep it man cos 'End of days' aint that far away......Or so they say lol!