Will i be able to sell the American Silver Buffalos in Australia?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by SilverDroid, Mar 19, 2011.

1. beyondfiat

beyondfiat Active Member Silver Stacker

They are an item i happily buy, and just for fun have found that no, there is no problems selling so long as one doesnt expect the premium of an ase or maple, yet anyway. 999 silver is 999 silver when it melts.

2. Bulawan pilak

Bulawan pilak New Member

You cant sell them....you have to give them away....to me....lol

I brought some and enjoy the ability to fondle them without dirtying any kooks or maples as they just look back behind their protective forcefield.

I think it is good to have some silver to fondle and Buffalos are pretty good....If I brought some I am sure if the price rises someone will buy them as well...

3. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

$50 isnt that far off. While you have coins that someone wants more than others, you have two possible options. You will sell it faster or you will get more for it. Those premiums will be around because people value their perth mint silver. I took time to find even just perth mint BARs, let alone my perth mint coins. I paid more because they are adored the world over. I have said it before - the mints of the world regard the perth mint as a benchmark for coin finishing. Their coins are amazing and their bullion bars feel and smell like new cars.

I really don't think paying a reasonable amount more for kookaburras, lunars or koalas is that bad. If someone approached me and said I can give you a single beaten-up buffalo (which isn't australian and has less significance to my life) for $40 or a finely finished, untouched encapsulated perth mint Kookaburra (national icon..and birds that I see in my garden eating grubs every day) for $44. THAT is a no brainer for me.

Mind you, this is coming from someone who has a reasonable sized stack. If you are just beginning to pile up some ounces, there is absolutely nothing wrong with stacking cheap 999 coins or junk silver.

ppss.

4. Haggai 2:8

Haggai 2:8 Member

Who actually mints the silver buffalo? Tried googleling but can't find a straight answer.

And what relation does it have with the US Mint gold buffalo? They're almost identical.