Why you should ignore talk of "bubbles" in silver and gold.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by intelligencer, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I agree, and it is his right to have his own opinion, however misplaced it may be.
    Understanding the difference between real money and currency and between price and value is cardinal in carving out a successful financial future...

While i understand you're trying to knock the internet as an alternative form of information it's at least better than the one-dimensional mindless cr@p spouted by the drones in the mainstream media!

2. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

yippe kiya u seem to be the one that knows everything saying i dont get it & others have much to learn ive never said i know all there is to know but u seem to giving everybody advice like you know all there is to know & your way is right ever heard the saying make sure brain is engaged b4 putting mouth into gear ? just because u read a book doesnt mean its right either !! its just 1 way to reach a goal of which there is many i suggest you open your mind a bit to other ways of doing things

3. kram

kram New Member

If everyone had the same mindset and silver hit $500, where would you go or who would buy it?

4. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

I think what you meant to say is there is no one absolute great source of information either mainstream or alternative, that there are plenty of spruikers in both mainstream and alternative and that no-one gets everything right and no-one can accurately foretell the future.

Any guess on the future price of silver is just a guess.

But I have to say, yip, it's people like you, who get caught up in the excitement without thinking twice, that allow people like me, to work the mania to our advantage. You give me the faith that I have guessed correctly and there will be uncontrollable, unthinking excitement and that all I have to do is stand outside it and not get caught up. And I appreciate it. :)

5. Aengrod

Aengrod Member

Well little rough, but clear and to the point, hawkeye nailed it.

6. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

I have about as much "attachment" to my metals as I do investments like shares etc. When I think the goose is cooked she's a gunna get plucked. Whatever investment I'm in there's 1 thing for sure, about the worst is fiat/cash. When I dump my metals, it will probably be for another non-cash asset.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

You dont really need paper in todays world , a little swipe and a few keypad strokes and you walk away with your goods . Will that be the next great currency. ? The digit ???

8. Ernster

Ernster New Member

Thanks and it is MY opinion and I stand by it. I do understand the value of Silver over paper money, thats why I have 99% of my wealth in Silver for now. But there will come a point where it's time to get out of Silver and into the next undervalued asset at the time.

I got into Silver to make money - end of story.

If you wish to hold on to your stack forever be my guest, but I will be selling when the price hits a point I am happy with not because some guy on youtube thinks its going to $500 an ounce or is more rarer than Gold etc..

Although I'll be sure to keep a few Oz just in case:p

9. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Fair enough mate. I agree with everything you've said here, so now am not sure why we disagreed?
    Oh yes.... it's because I misunderstood you as saying that you would somehow know when its the right time to sell by looking at the fiat currency price of silver at the time... eg at some level below $500?
    My position is simply that i will know when its the right time to sell silver when i believe that the value of silver has reached a point where it is overvalued in comparison to other tangible assets such as property or even shares... only then will i sell, and i dont care if the fiat price at the time is $100 an ounce or $1 000 an ounce ...
    all i care about is how many ounces it takes to buy the average size family home....
    when that number has arrived i will know its time to sell!

so no, i'm not attached at the hip to my silver - but i do believe its the very best vehicle for investment that there is at the moment, simply because its severely undervalued at the moment... in comparison to everything!

10. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Actually digital currency is the main form that fiat currency is in today - over 90% i believe. Paper notes make up less than 10% of the fiat in existance...
    In the "old" days the central banks used to simply print currency out of thin air.
    Now it is simply created by a few keystrokes out of thin air.
    Same thing - equally worthless - causing inflation - which steals from everybody else holding that same fiat currency.
    The only difference now is that fiat can be created even quicker out of thin air by keystroke than it could be printed... not a good thing!

11. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Not true - see my reply to Ernster above ... ;)

12. lakesentrance

lakesentrance Member

I'm more interested in the relationship of silver to other assets. the fiat price is decieving and not worth getting tangled up with. Will be updating my spreadsheets today as it passes 35.

I'm waiting for property to re-adjust itself.

A friends brother just purchased a standard, brick veneer home in somewhere in WA yesterday for over $1 mil. A standard house. He was happy to do it because he reckons he'll get $3000 per week rent. I thought what a crazy fool.

But, as someone said in an earlier post, it's good to see those in a market that just keep buying at the top thinking it can't go down.

13. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

How not be caught up in the mania.Or fear.

That the difficult thing.
    Easy to see this is the problem, for the future or in hindsight.
    But during it ,your buggered.
    If you think it won't happen to you ,you have already lost.
    Anyway ,I see this in myself,and others,and have seen it happen many times.
    Yet somehow I think next time it won't happen.
    Don't know how to handle this.

Suppose it just good old greed and fear.
    As our mate the Buddha says " Desire leads to suffering."

14. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I agree with you wholeheartedly ;)

15. Ernster

Ernster New Member

Great post, I agree: with pretty much everything you said.