Why is gold rising so steeply?

Discussion in 'Gold' started by TreasureHunter, Aug 14, 2019.

1. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I wouldn't say Singapore is one of the best place currently. There are many risks as what you have mentioned.

The only reason I brought up Singapore is because China had been trying to model after the Singapore economic model but it's impossible because of population difference. Furthermore, the defects of the state dominated capitalist model has started to show up in Singapore in recent years. Whatever problems you will see in Singapore will appear in China in the future if China follows this path. Because of small population and open economy, Singapore can get away with policy mistakes that will cause disaster in other countries.

As for the next Asian financial crisis, the Singapore government has been preparing for it since 2011 when the first property cooling measure was imposed. It’s crazy, the market only just recovered from 2008-2009 recession and they slammed it down. Since 2011 there had been 7 cumulative cooling measures. Property bubble bursts are so common in Singapore, a 30-40% drop is now a non event. In fact the public housing market in Singapore which is three quarters of the total market just crashed 30% in just over a year and it’s hardly even talked about on social media.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  2. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Have we run out of steam folks? 1375 USD by close Friday?

3. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

Kind of funny seeing people promoting a "collapse" and saying those who disagree are somehow dumb, etc. Yet, it is these dumb folks that doubled or quadrupled their nest egg in the stock markets during 2011 till today, and all the stackers in the US are negative or even if lucky. I know because I am one of those stackers.

Yes a collapse will happen one day, but it might be in 5 years, 10 years, ..? Nobody knows for sure. Just think how much extra silver/gold you would have in your stack if you bought stocks over the past 8 years and sold today? But everyone saying deniers are dummies (I used to say that too), we were all to smart for that kind of stuff.

wrcmad likes this.
  4. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

The collapse might happen in waves, many waves. Some financial, others social, and God, hope not even war/severe social unrest.

It is also not likely to affect all parts of the world. Some areas will be devastated.

I don't see the collapse as something from a "single piece". It will be like a puzzle, but many pieces will be nightmare scenarios.

Massive migration could ignite. What's odd is the flux of migrants since around 2015 towards prosperous countries: the US, the EU. Some did actually predict mass migration, but as a "possible scenario" sometime far in the future (as a result of depleted natural resources, arid lands, wars and social unrest).

Africa is moving to Western Europe.
    Guatemala and El Salvador to the US.

New dark ages?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  5. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

Dark to light?