Why do you stack?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by lukeaar, Feb 13, 2011.

1. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

yeah thats it

2. Iluvnumbers

Iluvnumbers Member

cos it's one of the few things in life that actually makes sense!! I also gotta go with hotel 46, silver winks at me too!

3. silverstash

silverstash Member

I can totally relate with pmstacker, I've always collected something in my life especially coins. It wasn't until a few years ago that I started stacking silver, and now i've become a full blown addict hehe. I stack silver because I enjoy it and it's what makes me happy - who cares what anyone else thinks! But the more I read this forum and elsewhere, it's apparent to me that im doing something positive from my future as well. As for the SHTF scenario, well that just keeps my passion alive and wanting that next ounce of shiney goodness.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Bravo. Great attitude.

Personally, I'm not surprised anyone didn't state the obvious reason for stacking...

Because chicks dig bling?

:D :D :D

5. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

Haha true but this is not the kind of boing you want any chick to know for a long time . Reason being certain chics know how to make your bling turn into their bling hahaha. Oh and some just don't get it. It's a private hobby for me that's some of my really good friends k ow and fellow stacker that I know know :)

6. Grimnar

Grimnar New Member

Hey all,

First time poster, long time lurker.

I started late last year, and jumped head first with 2x 1kg perth mint bars... All the spare cash I had at the time.

My only regret is that I was ignorant, and didn't think to have a crack at it back when silver was less than $10, or even less than $5 / ounce.... but to be honest, I had always assumed that it was outside my price range to invest in.
    I can remember standing in a small retail shop, looking at a pair of silver stud earrings with my girlfriend and thinking to myself "how much must a bar of that stuff must be worth if these things cost $25!!". I didn't even bother to look it up.

Never again shall I be so mis-informed!

So in answer to the topic, I have started stacking for a few reasons:

1. Under valued. If a pair of silver stud earrings, a few grams at best, cost as much as spot/oz, then either the earrings are seriously over priced or the silver is seriously under valued... I believe it to be the latter! And that makes it a worthy investment.

2. Real money... Lets face it, criminals are smarter than most people out there. When they hit your house they'll go for the jewellry box before they'll grab your change bowl off the kitchen bench top. The rest of us miserable buggers just accept that every fortnight our electronic bank balance increases and then decreases like the tide.... In that respect, nothing we buy except for physical assets has any intrinsic value. And even among the physical assets we hold, there are appreciating and depreciating categories.

3. For the future. I don't want to work for the rest of my life. I plan to stack until it serves my interest to sell... probably to buy rental properties that will pay me an income in retirement.

4. Legacy. Call it a trust fund for the kids.

5. Coz it's soooo freakin pretty!! When my first 2kg turned up in the mail, I pretty much sat there staring at them, and stroking them for like 2 hrs... Now I want to get some of those canadian timber wolves... My favorite animal, and my favorite metal... it is meant to be!!

6. Stacking is good for your health. It relieves stress, it is better than chocolate for making you feel good, it is good for the sex life (think 'nothing but a silver necklace'), and you can use the kg bars as hand weights when you walk around the block.

I am officially addicted.