Why are there so many lies & half truths in the silver community?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by BamaGuy, Jul 14, 2013.

1. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

Every day lies,fear & greed are used to sell silver . There's so much distrust in this one investment.. I belong to several investment forums & other silver forums. The common denominator on EVERY silver board is the shocking realization that so many people believe the lies.. Easily spottable & proovable lies.

I cringe every time I read strong hands,i haven't lost any ounces,crimex,manipulation,disconnect, and a hundred more.

2. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's because the Crimex trades it at 100:1 in the paper markets. :)

3. Dustin

Dustin New Member

I lurk around many forums, as well. This is the only one I post in. Why?

Simple. The people here are generally more friendly. Many here are not trying to follow a herd, rather pick apart all information and make their own decision. It just so happens many of us come to similar conclusions.

Most here do not hype near as much as other forums. Most arguments seen on these forums never result in swearing. Usually just an "agree to disagree" type of thing.

So I would resent your assumption, after being here 5 days, that our community is full of lies, hate, greed, whatever.

4. Those who have realistic and well thought out plans usually do well in the long term.
    Many who have unrealistic aspirations and want immediate gratification are nearly always bitterly disappointed.
    Ripe fodder for the spruikers machinations.
    This is where the men are separated from the boys.

edit, typo.

5. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

Good post. There's just so many looking for the immediate gratification.. It seems to me like as soon as they get their metal bought they expect the price to shoot straight up & become agitated when it doesn't.

If you really want a insight to a complete nut,read this guy.. & he's sold hundreds of millions of metal..

http://www.coloradogold.com/archive/

A snippet

6. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

I guess this guy has never heard of the Crusades

7. six20aus

six20aus Member

Personally I think it's more a US stacker mentality if you read any American forum that kind of sentiment is much more prevalent.

I struggle to wade through kitco because of the whole guns and hide in the hills SHTF business.

8. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

I quit kitco because as you say,it's way over the top. They're literally buying & casting silver bullets over there.

9. Dustin

Dustin New Member

I would tend to agree with you and go as far as saying it seems there are many more ignorant sheeple in America than elsewhere.

However, let us not forget that there are always some who disprove stereotypes :)

10. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think it is part of the growing process; the less silver stacked - the more info you take in; the more silver stacked - the more discerning you are of the information you take in. You can't put old heads on young shoulders.

BamaGuy, you become part of the problem by generalising "that so many people believe the lie." You also wrap up your rhetoric in emotional language.

Your case bears discussion, but your presentation attacks the veterans along with the newbies. It would appear that only you know better.

11. +1
    You took the words right out of my mouth.
    This whack job has obviously never heard of the Christian Identity Tim Mc veigh or David Koresh or the Ku Klux Klan or Aryan Nations................
    Whew, how long could I make this post about christ-insanity outrages and killings. :mad:
    I personally have know many such whack jobs who would love to do some killin an preachin an s'more killin.
    To go way out on a limb here. I would know as I used to be one of them.
    I am a former CI Pastor, now an atheist.
    If you want to know about violent Christian extremism, I could write a book on it.
    In fact I am planning to one day.

12. Nope, plenty of all types here in Aus too.
    You don't hold monopolies on any of this various Human detritus, you just have a larger population and a larger profile.

13. nbboy1123

nbboy1123 New Member

Here is the wisdom I live by:

Believe half of what you see and even less of what you read. ;)

14. six20aus

six20aus Member

I should qualify what I wrote - It was a quick reply from my phone.

I think us Aussies probably have the same ratios of "people looking for sound investments" versus "people who are sheeple nuts" as any country its just that we are a nation of 22mil versus the US 314mil so their count of nuts probably equals our total population ;)

15. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

The reason I think we are seeing so many lies being perpetrated is because there are as many snake oil salesmen trying to hype silver for their own gain as there are used car salesmen trying to sell their over valued cars. These disgusting people know better but they just don't care about misleading anyone. And of course, add to that a bunch of people who just obey the loudest shouting permabulls and never question the rhetoric they spit out in any serious way. The hysteria that can ensue is a recipe for over valuation. Fortunately, I think more people have been starting to question the permabulls faulty logic and this can only be good for all who are looking to buy pm's.

Though I have been stacking for only about 8 months or so, I have been reading articles and watching videos put out by permabulls (and other investment sales people) for over a year. As an astute student I feel I am qualified to give the impression that I have given. That has been my experience.

I agree...well said

That knucklehead is either completely ignorant or a flat out Islamaphobe.

16. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

& the worst pimp of all... Check out this spin..

http://silverstockreport.com/2013/when.html

I especially love how he says "Silver is up to around $20/oz. now from $4.15/oz in 2003" like thats wonderful news to most silver investors...

17. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

I love this guy...

18. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It would be if you purchased in 2003.

My guess is there's not too many on this forum who have an average buy price of $4.

19. Eruaran

Eruaran Member

I think most of us are here because we're stacking physical silver, and we must be doing that because we believe that silver (as well as gold, platinum, palladium) is a good long term asset to hold in spite of short term or even medium term volatility. Otherwise, why would we bother? Sure there's a range of directions and worldviews people are coming from, but we stack because we believe its worth while is surely the bottom line.

20. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

its easy to con people if its what they want to believe