Who is Power Coin? - Zero to Big Market share from out of nowhere?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by 1for1, May 2, 2012.

1. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Hi,

Anyone else notice the momumental rise of Power Coin seemingly from out of nowhere.. few months back id never heard of them... nek minit every image of a new coin online bares there watermark and the volume of premium coins they are selling online and ebay etc is staggering..

1. Who are they?
    2. Has anyone dealt with them?
    3. Incredible range of luxurious high end collectable silver.. most ive never even seen.
    4. Didnt they do well.. marketing etc is incredible.. for a random outfit they are taking everyone else to school (this is where i look at there business model and think.. i could of done that.. sigh .. regrets!)

Funny cos:

1. http://www.powercoin.it (italian?) An italian site.. seems to be aiming at english speakers and not much for italians (by the looks).
    2. Dosent Italy have the dodgiest postal service in the world (my worst experience on ebay in 10 years was with an italian).
    3. They watermark items they dont have intellectual property on..

[​IMG]
    Damn she angry... i dont think she likes getting registered to a 3rd party with a watermark across her mug

Anyway very interested to hear from people about this company.. i like all the images on the coins they sell, but personally i would not trust a seller like this (yet) but i am a naturally skeptical person who has been burnt a couple of times.. ebay italian seller + Keiser Silver Coins (got my money back through cancelling it with visa).

1for1

2. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

plenty cashola and you to can power coin it, money talks and bullshit walks :)

that's why no body listens to me LOL i am not power coining it :)

they have been around for awhile few years that i know of have not dealt with them. yep Italian.

3. silversardine

silversardine Member

Yes, I have seen them from time to time. But, I think perhaps now they are stretching out so that all ebays see them. Perhaps in the past they only paid for Italy or whereever ebay. I found them by accident a few times searching fro something specific and they popped up but never on my regular searches in the past.

Never bought from them, but can't see why they wouldn't be as good (or as bad) as anywhere else.

4. Honestcoins

Honestcoins New Member

You think power coin is moving up? Just wait till firstcoincompany.com really gets going. They're still pretty new and are in the process of adding all the government mint products to their website. The quality of the website speaks for itself though. There is a lot of money and a lot of power behind that company. I expect it to be a juggernaut in the future. No, I am not affiliated with them at all.

5. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Assumming they actually have any coins yes that would involve some serious capital.. if its a "i take your money and you get shafted business model" than that requires no heart & it may be fully legitimate (they should be because it looks very viable)... but i wonder how much skin in the game they have.. usually these companies dont pop up overnight..

6. pushingtin

pushingtin Member Silver Stacker

I have bought from PowerCoin 3 times - no problems at all.

7. SULLA

SULLA Member Silver Stacker

Saw the following on eBay USA seller's listing:

"Two important federal doctrines are as follows:
    1) First Sale Doctrine - once the owner of a copyright item places the item in the stream of
    commerce by selling it, he loses his exclusive statutory right to control its distribution.
    (Copyright law)
    2) Fair Use Doctrine - I can use the trademarked name of the item you are selling - i.e. you can
    use Coke if you are selling a Coke item. (Trademark law)"

I believe that if they took that image they would have the right to the Copyright of that particular image and can subsequently watermark it to protect their copyright?

Does anyone know about such things?

8. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've touched on it in a past life ,and your pretty much nailed it :)

9. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Agree with what your saying and referring to, just one point - the new Dragon Legend Series "Chinese Dragon" used with power coin watermark appears identical to the one on the perth mint site? Is it ok to watermark someone elses image? (all the images on the site seem to be small images of the original mint sourced image as below;

[​IMG]
    Perth Mint Image

[​IMG]
    Power Coin Image

I am particularly interested in this as i often use generic pics on google images, so to see it suddenly flooded with powercoin.it watermarks it is puzzling/annoying to me, the optimisation - incredible.
    B hard to find non water marked sources now.

I can't see any evidence Power Coin takes there own images (hence this post).. they do however use excellent long tail image tagging which is obviously aiding there image SEO combined with watermarking is certainly an excellent system to run?

1for1

10. XB

XB Active Member Silver Stacker

In short, no.

Be careful, Google Images are not necessarily "free" - if you use someone's image, without permission, you could be liable for copyright breach. Unlikely I accept, but possible.

I am surprised that PM does not watermark their images - maybe it accepts that by having others "distribute" the image, it gains free publicity for the particular product.

11. silverfever

silverfever New Member

I have purchased a Mongolian Hedgehog coin and a Fiji ying yang dragon coin from them. No problems. Both coins shipped from Hungary.

12. Happy2bme

Happy2bme New Member

I have bought from PowerCoin a few times, including the most recent being my first batch of the Mongolian Hedgehog coins. Excellent communication and customer service. My enquiries have always been attended to within a day.

I happen to know the owner, Antonello... Just by writing to him and being in touch with him. Apparently, he was one of the first few who got the invitation by the respective mint to the preview of the Hedgehog at the Berlin World Coin Show in January 2012.

Not always the cheapest, but definitely very reliable!

13. Chilli

Chilli Member Silver Stacker

+ 1

their parcel to me had their business card included with his full name, address in Rome and tel number + IVA number..(our equivalent to ABN).
    would definatly have no problems dealing with Antonello again.

14. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

+2

15. SantozSilver

SantozSilver New Member

powercoin is one of my reference for detail information of a coin. it gives quite complete information for me related to item that i'm looking for.

unfortunately, i have no experience in trading with them, so i can not post any further information about it

16. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Ok nice.. sounds like they are doing some big business and are definitley getting respect.

I have to admit its a very proffessional outfit on the surface (as ive never personally dealt with them).

Good on them.. its good to establish a more top-end store in the market.

I agree they give good information and seem to be first to offer details and images.

1for1

17. JoeFromNorthCarolina

JoeFromNorthCarolina New Member

Antonello from power coin is a gentleman. He got back with me within an hour or 2 to answer my questions...

18. picturefun

picturefun Member

Powercoin has been selling on Ebay for more than 2 years, longer than my history of into silver coins :) I bought silver coins from him back in late 2010, when silver was at $17 an ounce

at that time, silver coins were NOT hot, so he was NOT popular either.

19. picturefun

picturefun Member

NOT as professional as many other Dealers. I ordered from him 3 times, LOUSY packaging, ALL bubble envelops, even if for very good 4-coin silver set. All US coin dealers at least will use a decent Box for a proof silver coin(s)

20. picturefun

picturefun Member

Do NOT use any pictures or description from Talisman coin, they will chasing after you to remove