Who can we trust?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by rodmadman, Feb 25, 2015.

1. rodmadman

rodmadman New Member

Perhaps the most frustrating part about in investing in general is who's analysis and and commentaries to trust as being non bias or just plain orchestrated. Even amongst those here at SS I find many who are biased in one direction or another and show elements of extremism in their writings. It is very difficult if not impossible to find solid forecasters and experts amongst the fog of corrupt agenda ridden so called experts. Rant over.

2. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You don't need the advice of forecasters.

Just look at the world!

Do you think it is rosy?

Have a look at your currency and currencies of the world, do you see stability or not?

How's your country going economically? Are they producing items for sale and are your country folk fully employed? (Are the worlds countries in great shape)

Do you see harmony within the world or tensions over water, food, commodities, space to live, religious hatred?

I know what I see and although forecasters like Schiff, Andy, Manarino, Hunter etc actively promote and sell gold for paper (Fiat), you don't need advice from them to work-out that times are not great.

Just look around and you will know what to do.

Trust your self.

Trust history to show you the path.

3. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You need to run your own race. Watch what those around you are saying and doing, then form your own opinions. Any success or failure will then be of your own doing. My other advise is to keep it simple. A simple stacking strategy augmented by a simple exit strategy.

4. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]

walk softly......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

carry a big stick.

5. ryan71

ryan71 Member

Hahahaha! You can't TRUST anybody. Nobody knows! Nobody. The good news is you have a 50/50 chance of being right.

6. silverreef

silverreef Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

In God We Trust

7. rodmadman

rodmadman New Member

Sammy, what do you mean by "exit strategy" ?

8. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

9. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Trust in the USD? :)

10. Niveka

Niveka New Member

I rarely do this but because I like you I will share with you my own personal strategy. Follow this strategy and I personally guarantee that in less than a year your stack will be much larger than it is today. So here you go, your welcome:
    1) Go buy some silver and stick it somewhere safe.
    2) After a little while, don't wait to long, buy some more silver and place it on top of the silver you previously bought.
    3) A little while after that, you will know when the time is right, buy some silver and place it on top of the two previous purchases.
    4) Shortly thereafter, there will be a perfect moment to make a large purchase, you will know it when you see it, don't hesitate, go out and buy some silver and place it on top of the other three loads.
    5) Go back to step one and repeat for as long as you feel the need or until you run out of room in your safe place, whichever comes first.

11. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Let's say you have a 1,000 oz to sell in a hurry when spot is $25. If you have all ASE, you can probably offload the lot in a couple of transactions at $28 each. If however you had those same ounces made up of different mints, sizes, countries, bullion, seminumi, numi, etc, you would need dozens of transactions over a long period of time to realise some capital. So your stacking model will reflect your exit strategy.

12. SpacePete

"The best way to predict your future is to create it"
    Abraham Lincoln (and market manipulators too probably)

"Life is a largely uncharted river. You may have heard something about rocks after the third bend, but how difficult are they? Knowing your equipment and your skills, you can start taking control. You decide when to paddle forwards and when to back up. You decide what line to take and when to get out and portage (carry the boat)."

"In life, like on the river, you have to rely on your ability to plan with the knowledge you have. You have to execute that plan to the best of your ability. You have to be able to notice what is going on. You have to be able to adjust your plan. And then you repeat. And repeat."

When attempting to understand what is going to happen, many people analyse the past, listen to bloggers that they feel an affinity with and ignore stuff they think is stupid. But there's one highly important step they often ignore -- pausing and reevaluating their position after a bit of time has passed and then adjusting their expectation or prediction of what is coming. Instead, if reality did not meet the expectation, they look for justifications rather than changing course.

And from elsewhere:

And finally, when all else fails and the storms threaten to drown you, remember....

[​IMG]
    SOURCE: THIS PICTURE IS BY HOUSE AND IS REPRODUCED HERE FOR THE GOOD OF ALL MANKIND AND THE RACE OF PLEIDIAN ALIENS

13. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^^^ oi, that's a copyrighted photo. My lawyers will be PM'ing you.

14. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

House -Did not realise you worked for Disney ! :lol:

15. SpacePete

Added an attribution. :p

16. Niveka

Niveka New Member

That bar has a nasty scratch right above the eye.

17. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Ooooooh, you are going to hell for that one!

18. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Biased in one direction or another doesn't necessarily mean that the facts haven't led one to those biases.

That said, there are plenty who are biased not from looking objectively at the facts around them, but rather because they have an agenda to promote (usually through fear-based rants) a permabullish climate for their own benefit.

Try to distinguish bias in favor of facts vs bias for political or personal reasons.

19. rodmadman

rodmadman New Member

Ah I see what you mean. My plan is not that extensive actually. I will be using mine to live on in part in about 15+ years from now. I will use it as one would use cash or a bank account. I have no intention of selling it in bulk. However if an emergency came up I might have to do just that. Good advice. Thank you

20. rodmadman

rodmadman New Member

I was taught from an early age that debt is bad and that is using money you have not yet acquired and may not be able to acquire can jeopardize your future and it could end badly. This always made complete sense to me. "If you haven't got the money, you can't afford it" they would say. Now I see governments, businesses and investors that are highly leveraged or insolvent. This scares the crap out of me and I fear for the state of the world and for my children's future. I hope that PMs will be a life preserver of sorts. I really see no other "practical" hedge.