Who called the top?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by hawkeye, May 8, 2011.

1. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Come in spinner... someone doesn't like $40 :)

[​IMG]

who is happy that raising margins has removed the volatility out of the market :p

2. Blame_Game

Blame_Game New Member

Lol seems this way doesnt it. I think we are actually part of the 'phase 3' public arena and not the savvy investors we think we are.

3. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

Awesome. What a dick. Well I predict that we will hit $50 before $100. ;)

4. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

Well it hasn't yet, its still bouncing up and down like the stormy seas ....

5. heyimderrick

heyimderrick Active Member

No offense stellaconcepts, but I cannot believe how many people are ranting and raving about your sale.

Anyway, there were a lot of people on this forum who said a correction was coming as we were approaching the $50 mark, myself included. The thing was, there were a whole lot more people scoffing at that idea, now that the correction is in motion, all those who never expected it, didn't think it would come or didn't take some profits are asking why and what happened and glorifying anyone who did exactly what they didn't do. It's comical.

6. stellaconcepts

stellaconcepts New Member

None taken - I never actually said "THIS IS THE TOP" when I sold (I would be ranting about my own call if I did that). All I said was this market was overleveraged, and if comex raise margins its all over.... As I said - the value of the shiny stuff was lost for me. I was actually surprised to find not as many people were selling into that strength myself (at least on YT - don't monitor here that much).

I am happy tho about my call to the 27-33 - seems like a very possible target for silver now... seemed unbelievable when I first came out with it at $49.

I get that a lot of people are stacking for a "worst case" scenario - but for those that had silver up to their gills as an investment from anything under $20 were mad not to unload some at 40+ imo.

Let this be a lesson to those that bury their silver as well - a mate of mine wanted to sell around these levels but had to dig it up first... he is still holding the bag (ok - but we're both making out like bandits shorting this market - but thats another story)

7. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

??? Are you suggesting that having to dig his silver out made him miss the sell oppurtunity? Musta been a hell of a deep hole :S

8. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

I lost a one oz bet on topstocks that it would hit 40 before it hit 60. :mad:
    I closed my account just as I lost the bet and decided to stick to Silver Stackers from now on.

9. stellaconcepts

stellaconcepts New Member

Pretty much... I guess he figured it would just hang around the 45-50 area.