Which videos to convince family to invest in silver

Discussion in 'Silver' started by bond007, Apr 6, 2011.

1. bond007

bond007 New Member

If you could show a family member half a dozen videos as to why they should invest in silver, what would they be?

:)

2. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

Just show them Projacks spreadsheet (contains purchased items and prices ) from a few years back.

:)

3. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

Don't bother. Tried. lead a horse to water.... we want them to do it but it doesnt always work that way. Throw them the guide to investing in gold and silver. If they're serious, they'll read it. If not, don't beat yourself up over it. If it only takes a few clips or videos to get them to make a decision, try getting intimate with the knowledge and reasons you got in, tell it to them once or twice, if they stare at you like you're an alien, don't waste your time on it.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

5. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

I agree that you shouldn't bother. If you pressure them into and it goes wrong for them, which it could do, silver is volatile, what are you going to do then? What if they have an idea for something else which would turn out to be better but then you told them to get into silver and it doesn't perform as well?

It's not worth it.

Personally, I gave my parents Mike Maloney's book a couple years ago. They read it, decided to dip their toes into the water with a little bit of silver (back when it was around 15 an ounce), now they wish they had bought more. Do I wish I'd tried to convince them? No. Their decision and their bad luck. They knew I was buying heavy at the time but chose not to do so themselves.

They ask me if they should get in now and I just say it is up to them now.

6. zygote

zygote Member

Maybe we need a silver wiki to post up analysis and reasons.

7. aleks

aleks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

8. Rothbard

Rothbard New Member

+1 Agreed!

They will be on the edge of their seat.

It got my girl hooked!

9. Szag

Szag Member Silver Stacker

Most recently I just draw attention to fiat currency printing and the the likely scenarios to occur afterwards. I don't even mention precious metals. Then, IF, they understand that -and I usually can get their interest up because I tell them how little their savings are worth- I'll ask them what their options would be. It will always turn to precious metals, and then it's an easy stroll to take them down the silver pathway and they drew the conclusion themselves. Sheeple generally don't like being told, I've found. They'd much rather think they intelligently reached the conclusion themselves. When they get on the internet and realize that there are so many other people who stack silver and saw the writing on the wall, it's just further corroboration of their intelligence. Then show them Mike Maloney's video and they're hooked. It's the long road, but if you want to convince family to invest you've got to pander to the ego. I've only really met one person with the intelligence and the humility to understand it all without having to shrink-wrap it.

10. LeadWrist

LeadWrist New Member

+1 to Mike Maloney's Investing in Gold and Silver book. It's such an easy book to read that if they can't be bothered to put that much effort in then they don't deserve to be rewarded by it.

Also if everything doesn't go to plan, they have made the decision them self from what they have learnt from the book, not because "you" have persuaded them, which takes the pressure off you.