Where to sell once into Phase 3?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by MelbBrad, Jan 16, 2011.

1. MelbBrad

MelbBrad New Member

I was reading Hobo-Jo's brilliant blog, and current analysis of where we he thinks we are in the phases of the bull market in PMs.
    It got me thinking of where I would sell my stack should the time/price be right?

What are your exit strategies, if you even have one?
    Or do you plan to ride the rollercoaster up and down and up again?
    Where do you see us being able to offload silver at that time (late phase 3) and hopefully keep it discrete?
    SS would be great, but I'm not sure how it would work if everyone wanted off the bus at the same time...
    Fee-Bay? Dealers?

You thoughts?

2. Apollo

Apollo New Member

3. spclst69

spclst69 Member

I have a little story.

Going back a few years now, when dodgy foxtel cards were all the rage, I advised quite a few people to not bother, they were too late, and it was definitely not worth it anymore because you will be way out of pocket.

Greediness took over, they still went ahead, gloating on how they were able to achieve their desired goal. In the end they spent close to $1000 on a system that stopped working a little over a month later.

As long as the world is filled with these kinds of people, I have no fear, that when the time comes, I will be able to offload my pm's.

4. mickjohn

mickjohn New Member

Here.
    There are almost 1000 members of these forums now.
    Phase 3....
    The population here will swell very quickly. There will be more conflict on these boards and more people calling 'to the moon' there will be those wearing tin foil hats and those that just want to buy PMs to get in 'before its too late'.... The reality is all the way through phase 3 and the final phase, numbers here will swell and one day people will wonder why they didnt see the bubble pop as they rode it all the way down again.
    So, Phase 3... you will have heaps of buyers right here and they will be cashed up and waiting to throw their money at you for your precious.

5. mickjohn

mickjohn New Member

I havent been logging the numbers, but i have been watching both:
    the number of users (total and online)
    and
    The number of new threads that contain 'hey just started stacking, where is the .... what is the....'

I think it will be a fantastic indicator. I havent been a member for that long but in my short time, I have seen a lot of new sign ups.
    I have also been approached on more than 3 occasions about buying silver as a good investment(from people that didnt know that i stack).

6. Apollo

Apollo New Member

Sounds like you are hanging out with the right crowd! :D

7. Willow

Willow New Member

Do not forget that word of mouth advertising is very effective. The forum has increasing numbers which means there is more referals per month aswell, kind of a leverage effect. It is not just a direct reflection of the market phase.

8. mickjohn

mickjohn New Member

Lol! or..... I attract nutters!

9. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Out of curiosity, where are you located?

10. Guest

Guest Guest

spclst69 + 1

Great post

11. mickjohn

mickjohn New Member

I travel alot.... But I live in Australia.
    Those that have approached me have all been Aussies and mostly when Im at home. The last one, someone that i had just met overseas.
    We were chatting about economics/investment. Very like minded.
    I came out and said, well where is the money going to go then? without pause, he said Gold and silver.

.....i told him about SS.

12. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thank you. However, perhaps I should have clarified the question better. What I really meant was, what state of Australia?

The reasoning, is that I was trying to determine if this was a localised set of interest, or an Australia wide phenomena. Currently I reside on the outskirts of Melbourne and, apart from close family and fellow SS'ers, no one is even mildly interested in AG/AU despite my efforts to broach the subject.

13. mickjohn

mickjohn New Member

sorry. WA.

Although i know only 1 person with other than me in the state(that isnt a dealer) and that is my gf's mum who bought some for a gift for me from PM, and got some for herself cause she liked it. 1 bar.
    I have a mate in Brissy who is into stacking. 1 work mate was interested. As such, i have never seen another mans stack (Lol) - not that i want to.
    Its funny, some people are interested and can see the signs, know about gold and silver but still fail to do anything.
    Its like they are waiting for it to be too late.

sorry, also. Sent a number of packages to my parents in QLD over the last few months with PMs. Told them it was a little bit of an investment. They have seen them, handled them said they were nice but sparked nil interest. They are busy people tho.