Where to sell Gold Coins in Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Gold' started by vickitony93, Jun 11, 2011.

1. vickitony93

vickitony93 New Member

I wanted to know where the best place to buy and sell gold coins. Sorry if this has been asked in the past on the Forums.

2. somerset

somerset Member Silver Stacker

3. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

I had someone ask for me at Hang Seng Central Branch on Des Voeux Road in Central about purchasing Gold coins last week.

Asked about Kruggerand, Maples, ASEs and all of them were out of stock. They only had some other lesser known brand of stuff which I had no interest in. Like, Chinese brand stuff >____>

Since this is not their main line of business they could not take orders or guarantee when the next batch will arrive.

If you go to Chow Tai Fook or other gold dealers they will only sell bracelets, rings etc and their own branded Gold bars, nothing like PAMP or any other bars.

They do offer buyback rates at (terrible) like -10% of spot price and you would be better off trying to sell them over here in Australia.

I would recommend you go to Shenzhen Guobao Mint to source some legit Gold pandas if you really wanted to buy :D

4. mfm

mfm New Member

Do they have a shop located at the mint or elsewhere? Do they sell silver pandas as well?

5. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yup, they have a shop located in the middle of Guangzhou. They do sell silver pandas as well, but last time I called they were all sold out (of silver pandas).

6. mfm

mfm New Member

Interesting, do you have the name and location for the shop in Guangzhou?

7. Mi lao shu

Mi lao shu Member

U also have China Gold Coin shop in Shenzhen,and SZ iz much closer than GZ if u r coming from HK, actually dozens of them , BUT!!! Prices r not the same in every shop neither offer , at least is like that in SZ , maybe is cheaper if u go far more to west of China , bcoz lower purchasing power :) .

8. mfm

mfm New Member

Thanks, I'm going to both SZ and GZ so any suggestions are appreciated.

I googled and found "China Gold Coin Shenzhen Commercial Center" located near the Agricultural Bank of China to the east of Grand Theater MTR station, is it easy to find? Any other specific shops you can recommend?