Where to grab a bargain

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Topherclaus, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Topherclaus

Topherclaus Active Member

I'm wondering where people go to nab a bargain or get a special find? Is it antique stores/sales, is it a meet up of Stackers and collectors, is it the local pawn shop?

Just interested to know where people look and are successful.

2. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

You don't find them, they find you. You will be at some market somewhere, not thinking about silver at all, and then, out of the blue it hits you in the eye.....you can't speak, you can't get your money out of your pocket....you are a mess.....there it is ...a silver coin at half the actual silver price......your mouth is dry....your thoughts are racing....is there someone racing to grab it first?....Is this really the price....are my eyes tricking me? ...after what seems an eternity....you pay the money and it's yours
    Ahhhhhh I love those moments....

3. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just wander through the carpark at Maccas between 8AM and 9AM, you'll find a shiny. ;)

4. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So true but...

Sometimes your enthusiasm over-rides your knowledge...which leads to the old phrase of....fools...rush-in...

This forum is full of sellers, gangsters and scammers...tread lightly and becareful. :/ :)

5. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

I have found a few silver coins along with other coins in coinstars over the last couple years. I also got a co worker addicted to buying silver but he was not in a financial position to do so, he always ended up buying and then selling later to me at spot.

6. shinymetal

shinymetal Well-Known Member

you can find them in all kinds of places, op shops, markets, garage sales.. I've even found a silver cuff link sitting on a footpath one time. never know when it's going to pop up, just got to keep an eye out.

7. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

found a 22K earring in a carpark in Coffs Harbour. It weighed 1.5 grams @ approx $50 per gram.....equals a good find.

8. JNS

JNS Active Member Silver Stacker

I am a traveller, I always find good place to buy, i always buy a local PM coins which i can't buy or see online.

Yup, antique stores, pawn shops and coin dealers are my hunt. It is good now a days that google map, search engine and web translators are easily available.

Also, I always find good buys on our local online auctions because some of local seller price info were outdated. My bid will be only once for its knowledge market value, unless it is a part of the set that i am presently collecting. If my schedules will allow, i just attend auction houses and fairs that held every month by our local collectors-groups. :)