Where is 75 $ silver?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by TreasureHunter, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Rinchin

Rinchin New Member

The $75 silver is just the other side of the black swan event. But if you want in early I can hook you up with some $75 ounces now so you're ready?

2. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

That's what alot think.
    The reason they paid upto even $50 for an ounce silver.
    But the recommendations to divest with the stack and 'invest' the capital elsewhere, where hard to find.
    And now at $20, it's harder to not find them haha.

3. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

If silver hit's $6 I will buy LOTS MORE SILVER Bring it !!

4. Ernster

Ernster New Member

I think you'll find most of the predictions and sentiment on here are just based on recent momentum.

5. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

Well like I said, mighty special. What that event ends up being is beyond me, but I do know that there will be an insane amount of resistance on approach to the special number that is $50. It may just be China telling the US to stick their dollars up their ass, war, too big to fail bank actually failing, FED admitting they have lost control - the list of unlikely reasons is endless. The key word in that being unlikely, I can't see a time where silver gets over $50 personally. Ultimately 2011 was a freak event fueled by sheep, it's not going to happen again without a proper news driven reason.

Now, you get through that brick wall for whatever reason and it's uncharted territory for investors. I wouldn't even rule out a sharp spike all the way up to $75 if it got past $50.

6. swe_silver

swe_silver New Member

It is like this. When its low or going down, most people are pessimistic. When its high and going up, most people are positive.

"Buy when others are fearful and sell when others are greedy"

So this is the time to buy. Much fear and pessimistic people are a good signal for buying.

7. Cheepo

Cheepo New Member

If you want silver as insurance, the goal is to buy cheap. The average price of your stack should be below 10. Otherwise it's a lousy insurance, you are overpaying.

When you buy an insurance you also shop around, and weight the costs v. the potential benefits. If I had to pay A$250 a month for health insurance I would rather go without, because I don't think it will be worth it: the costs of medical bills are unlikely to be higher. If I pay A$20 a month I'll buy it because I don't have much to lose: if I am not sick all I lose is A$20/month.

If I had to pay $20-30 for silver I would rather take the risk of losing my savings in case of hyperinflation, and won't buy it. If it costs $8 I'll buy it because I don't really have much to lose: it's unlikely to go much lower.

8. Cheepo

Cheepo New Member

Imagine how pessimist they are going to be when it reaches $8 :lol:

9. Pirocco

Imagine how pessimist you are going to be when it doesn't. :lol:
    You already complained about that recent spike up, and that was a mere half dollar delta. What is it gonna be then for your $11 delta here.
    Better stack some towels and tissues already. :D

10. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Read back and see the "predictions" of permabulls back in 2011 and 2012 :lol:

11. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree :)

12. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

I have paid a high of $42 & some in the $30's but a nice run in the $20 's
    yet I did a spread sheet report to figure some truth ,
    I was a little disappointed to see I can't sell my stack at a profit
    The reality is each purchase is a loss that day
    But for now my break even point is - $26 - $27 or there abouts
    But it is a wonder as now I see each purchase , regardless just cause's my auto calculation , on my spread sheet to go higher and higher towards LOSS .

$1000 per ounce I guess not - but who knows

13. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^^^this is where you stop counting your losses in fiat and start counting your gains in ounces, saves a lot of pain!

I deleted the cells on my spreadsheet that showed $ value loss... I'll undo that once silver gets back above $25.40 as I know I'll be in black then :D

14. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

What house says is true think in terms of ounces gained
    After all life with fiat is not entirely stable either . If I had been keeping track of life expenses
    from food to fuel in the last 6 years and toss in ALL other things I use & put that on a Spread Sheet
    I am sure i'd see a big loss with fiat currency . The fact that certain electronics are less is just a byproduct of finally a real price for an item that was overpriced . What really counts (things we need) is like double in some cases

15. Pirocco

It's not sheep that fuel. It's a bunch misleaders out there that fuel. And the sheep now know. And will remember quite some time. China and Fed and whatever can say all they want, without general prices increasing more every price uptrend is profit, and they won't wait that long anymore, to grab it. And here the most important element was mentioned.

16. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

agree with some
    prepare yourself emotionally that spending on PMs is a sunk cost ... the same as living exp, recreation, etc ... you spent $ for it - enjoy it, forget about it.

P.S. don"t eat too much ... do not buy too much PMs either ))

17. Pirocco

You mean we should suspend stacking until the price is driven higher and those that drove it higher again talk about moon cost?

18. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

I've conceded that I'm going to make a loss when I sell.

Just hope I get a decent price on the house that it'll go towards!

19. Applesmfc

Applesmfc Member Silver Stacker

Could you kindly please share where you are getting your Health Insurance for $20 a month?

20. Pirocco

That's the thing, if the debt driven house market goes into oversupply mode then even a dropped silver price still allows to buy the same house.
    All it needs to shift the government side off the cliff is smarter speculators, that don't listen to their greed and scaremongering talk, that recognize what price means wait and what means buy.
    Consider this: how 'normal' is it for stock markets to go up when central planners lower intrest rates on bank savings? That can only mean that those stock markets shot up in the expectation that the lower intrest rates will drive more bank saving sheep towards stock markets. In other words: they're happy seeing other people losing. I don't consider that normal, and a red signal to do the opposite, or nothing, and wait for a better time. More of this kind of behaviour will stabilize price trends, and the government side will fail to drain off people along bull/bear cycles, which in turn leaves them two options: openly showing their ugly face, and be recognized as such, or jump off the cliff.