Where does everybody buy there silver

Discussion in 'Silver' started by tazfan, Feb 7, 2014.

1. tazfan

tazfan New Member

Hello I have been looking on the web at places to buy silver. I have some money saved up and ready to buy some more. I have found JMBULLION on the web and MCM on ebay. They both seem pretty reasonalble. I was just wondering what other places are out there that sell for alittle above spot. Thanks Randy

2. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

*their ;)

Be very wary of eBay, it's plagued with fakes and some very good ones. Make sure you only buy from those with high feedback and have been around a while.

Member here is having some issues with JMB- http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-50036-jm-moving-buildings-and-not-shipping-anything-argh.html

Have a look at Goldstackers, Bullion Bourse and the other site sponsors on here. I've bought from all of them at one stage and all offer excellent services. Could even try your LCS (if you have one in Taz) or other member. Might be able to pick up some bargains dealing locally and save on postage

3. funman1

funman1 New Member

Not sure where you are from but JMB is moving offices right now, or so they claim, my order was supposed to be shipped 3 weeks ago,
    and they now tell me it MAY ship next week...

I will not recommend JMB till they get their act together. I'm getting a bit nervous at this point with them.
    Their chat has been offline for weeks, until recently, and calling their phone number gives some BS story about back east weather. that message has been on there for a few weeks too....

I also love Providentmetals.com and have had 0 Complaints with them so far. Except they charge shipping BUT also have no minimum order.. so...

4. shawn120

shawn120 Member

Providentmetals.com treats people right and their prices are more than fair. Apmex.com is a little pricier but they have a larger selection. Goldmart.com has the best prices online but they have a very limited selection and I have had some quality issues from time to time. Keep in mind these three places ship to the US for sure and other than that you have to check the website. I don't think Goldmart ships outside of US/Canada.

5. Gucci

Gucci New Member

I'm Having problems to... I sent 3 checks. The first two they never got so this 3rd one I put tracking on it & this is what I see:

[​IMG]

How i'm I suppose to pay for my order if my mail keeps getting sent back???? Is this not there mailing address:

JM Bullion Inc.
    Dept. 41559
    P.O. Box 650823
    Dallas, TX 75265-0823

That what it says on my order for where to send the check... But thats not all. I paid with debit card and it's been on paid for weeks. I check there facebook and people are saying where will order #100520 ship? They reply saying Feb 3.... Wtf but my order # is 9681*, 9919*, 9958*.. Why are these not 1st?? Yes they are massive orders and probably require a brinks truck but come on.

6. funman1

funman1 New Member

UPDATE: My order just got marked shipped today, so perhaps they are starting to get things running again?

Yes, that's the address I use too. I wonder if because of the move mail is getting redirected or lost when mailing them?

7. SilverKendo

SilverKendo New Member

I've bought from MCM and they ship quickly (a lot faster than APMEX). To be honest, with taxes and all that I do just as well buying online as I would in coin shops unless I were to spend a lot at once. And if I were spending that much at once the discount the online places give me would still be better from what I've seen. I haven't had any trouble yet although I've had a few close calls (USPS issue, not MCM or any of the other online folks I've dealt with). MCM was willing to help me out too when something was lost in the mail so they're cool in my book (thankfully found by USPS).

Cheers,
    Chris

8. JoeFromNorthCarolina

JoeFromNorthCarolina New Member

MCM... excellent company