Where can I get ??

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SilverDAE, Dec 12, 2014.

1. SilverDAE

SilverDAE New Member

This is a odd question, but maybe someone has the answer.

I need to buy a bar ( 5 oz max size ) that is plain on the top. It could have a small .999 stamp but otherwise I need a plain top of the bar. I've not seen one like this.

The reason is that, I have a son that will be graduating High School in the spring. I want to have the bar engraved. He was a very good football (American football) player and I wanted to have his number and graduating year engraved along with a football and his name. I am sure I can find an engraver locally but I have not seen any clear topped name brand bars.

It would be nice to have the back of the bar with a known makers mark or something on the back as opposed to no maker at all.

I would like to give him a gentle nudge into stacking and a bar with some sentimental value may help with that nudge. Even if it doesn't, it will be a unique graduation gift.

Thanks in advance

2. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

3. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

This was my first thought, too.. :lol:

The owner/smith is a pretty cool & honest guy who produces quality stuff.

He does some custom work, too, I'm sure for a reasonable price.

Your 1- to 5-oz bar criteria should be no problem. Check out the "Classic Style Bars" category to get an idea, and also "KitKat Style Bars." He's already got the molds, for at least a blank (YPS-marked) bar. I'm sure he'd also stamp whatever you want, too.

The 5-oz "YPS bar" is a really nice size & weight, IMO, personally speaking. I also like (and own) the kit-kats.

US-based, but I believe he ships internationally to some countries.

EDIT: If you're willing to spend a few extra bucks on it, I'm betting he could do a football-shaped bar.

4. SilverDAE

SilverDAE New Member

Thank you.

I'll give him a call