When will the newly redesigned Australian bank notes be released?

Discussion in 'Currencies' started by TeaPot&ChopSticks, May 19, 2014.

1. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

crooked notes?

RBA bank note scandal
    October 4, 2011

"Some of the Reserve Bank of Australia's most senior officials were involved in covering up extensive evidence of corruption inside the central bank's subsidiaries, Note Printing Australia and Securency."

"The evidence of the cover-ups is contained in dozens of internal documents from the Reserve or the bank-note firms, including many seized by federal police after executing search warrants."

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/national/rba-bank-note-scandal-20111004-1v541.html#ixzz32I5jK4Q1

2. TeaPot&ChopSticks

TeaPot&ChopSticks New Member

I agree DanielM - I love the new notes. I cannot wait for their release. I wish their would get the wheels in motion.

Yendor I hope that is not the case - "The Creature from Jekyll Island" points that way.

Yendor I must find the quote regarding Jim Rogers and Asian Culture. Singapore has a $10,000 Dollar Note. Singapore wanted higher denominations but were told against it from the IMF/World Bank? Cannot remember which organization.

Jim Rogers stated that the Asian culture prefers cash and the higher denomination the better - specifically the Chinese culture would be against the removal of these notes.

Shiny there is a good post on Stossel with a former Fed Bank Branch President regarding privatizing currency - all for it, um Good for Freedom? I would say Yes.

Do want Hugo Price recommends. Demonetize the precious metals, eliminating central banks and removing the inflationary power of the printing press.

That Scandal involving the RBA and the Private Printing Company that does the notes is something that does not inspire me with trust.

Thank you House for the link.

Bring on the new notes! 2016? Knowing Australia it will not happen. $10,000,000 is a shit load of money - wasting this should be criminal. 'Angry Face'

TP&CS

3. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Do you have a link to the stossel post?

4. TeaPot&ChopSticks

TeaPot&ChopSticks New Member

Here is the link I believe shiney! I remember watching it when it came out. The bit you want is at the end I believe. Correct me if I am wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CybMMsqos8g

PS Shiny I believe Australia was in a similar position to Canada, that we too had free banking, right into the 1920s. If somebody knows about this history please tell me more.

5. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

They seem to have neglected to put the right woman on the $5 note.

6. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Sorry TP&CS, I have only just seen this post tonight. Will watch it tomorrow, thanks mate. :)

7. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

8. ego2spare

ego2spare Well-Known Member

australia prints mexico, chile and thai money? .."such as" so we print more currencies than that?!

9. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Probably, Australia owns the polymer technology so anyone who wants to have polymer notes has to go through us.

Bribery may or may not be involved.