Whats on these eagles?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Sir#stacks#alot, Jul 18, 2015.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

I'm happy. I like kooks better than eagles...and I'm loving that they are the same price. It's a no brainer for me.

2. SilverKendo

SilverKendo New Member

I think those are various dings on the coin that damage the otherwise frosted coin. I have some that are right out of a tube that look the same. When I buy eagles in the 2nd half of the year I've noticed they are more likely to suffer from that. It might be something with the die, the blanks or maybe just how roughly the coins are handled. I don't know for sure. I'd be willing to bet if your dealer did trade your roll for another fresh one they'd be in the same condition. Probably not worth the hassle. I don't think there are any guarantees that your coins will come out of the tube in gradable condition.

3. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I bet that even if you bought those "MintDirect" tubes from APMEX, you might still find those things on your coins just because they are ultimately BULLION coins.

So don't expect much in terms of quality (look at the funnel web spiders) even if you're forced to pay a premium on them.

4. Sir#stacks#alot

Sir#stacks#alot New Member

. Well i did exchange them this past week and the new roll i got is in way better condition and acceptable. Funny you mention the funnel web spiders. I picked one up this morning at a local coin show and that was in a hell of alot better shape then my first roll of ASE.