What's going on with silver?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by TreasureHunter, Aug 15, 2013.

1. PAGAU

PAGAU New Member

Posted by mrg9grn:
    Just looking at currencies, if you believe "1.10$ by this Xmas" to be the case then hold off spending your AU dollars buying overseas items or investments (property, shares, etc).
    Instead of currently paying AUD$1500 an oz for gold (vs US$1400) you would be paying less than AUD$1290 an oz. So in your scenario you'd be wise to keep saving those 'undervalued' AU dollars and spend them when they reach what you expect to see, US$1.10.

2. pdkbffwleo

pdkbffwleo New Member

Correct. Its my opinion, Most people did not buy at $20 AUD... even when averaging their purchases.

3. I can't speak for every one but I certainly purchased at what appears now to be the bottom.
    Averaged down though the entire downturn and aced a fairly large purchase when spot was twenty dollars plus a bit of change.
    I had reached my intended target before the big drop but given what I see as a golden opportunity I reallocated some funds and nearly doubled my silver holding.
    Sure got a good feeling now watching the price on its almost ballistic trajectory.
    Even if there is another drop at least I am now assured silver is actually capable of rising so I feel very happy with the decision.

4. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

I always use spot price, because something else is totally useless since people then can't compare my price with theirs.
    Imagine I would use my own regional price, that includes tax/premium based on specific kinds of coins, etc. How on earth could someone else from another country / world part, then be able to compare it?
    So, if I say:
    "The thing is, those someones have had 4 weeks sub $20 to buy ounces, when the Comex position sat historically low (sub 10000). "
    ...then that means buying when the spot price is below $20.

5. Yep, sorry Pirocco.
    I didn't think that one out too well before I posted.
    I was having a shot at someone I have come to dislike here and unfortunately for me on this occasion I fell flat on my face.
    Can't win em all. :eek:

6. Andy28

Andy28 Well-Known Member

I would be really surprised if it even breaks parity again this year. Not that my guess is worth anything. What is this someone basing that prediction off?

7. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Short term weakness in the u.s. dollar will see the Aussie dollar rise a bit more but the rush back to the u.s dollar as the problems in Europe escalate and capital flees will cause the resumption of the fall in the Aussie. Should gold retreat back to the 1000 dollar mark it will probably be on the back of a rising u.s. dollar so at a guess....in the low 80's would be close.
    As for a 1.10 by Christmas.........it would be more profitable to heed the experience of others that have lost money based on the opinions of others.
    Capital flow is the key. Interest rates rising will signal the beginning of the collapse of a lot of banks in Europe and a lot of money will flee to the u.s. to escape bail-ins or complete loss.

8. pdkbffwleo

pdkbffwleo New Member

As do I.

9. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Gold is dipping today, silver rather oscillates... I wonder how low it will reach. I guess it corrects from last week's spike.

10. Pirocco

Disliking some1, is that a reason to search for reasons to criticize?
    Shoot some silver bullitts, I have space left in my storage.

11. pdkbffwleo

pdkbffwleo New Member

Unfortunately, yes, it is for some people. I come here for advice and perspectives on silver, and to occassionaly highlight what I feel to be ironic.

Some get so offended and must, and I quote "crush you on the forum publicly" that they lose sight that this isn't the most important part of most people's lives.

As long as they "win," they can sleep at night.

Whatever that means.

12. Pirocco

Yea I also have such 'fans'. Ex I was asked if I was alone. And if I write a post that explains something in a dozen lines or more (eh), it's quoted and 'responded' to with 'BS'.
    One even complained about the length of my posts... by quoting my entire post to put a oneliner under it.
    Not that I experience this all as a problem or so. Things are like they are and I hop over it. I don't remember Silver bullitt as some1 I argued with, so can't place that comment in a context, maybe it was intended as a joke or so. It's possible that I also made such jokes without realizing / intending it. But ohwell, talk about discussion doesn't replace discussion so my post here is useless clutter.

13. Perhaps you should read this persons signature line before passing judgement, I think it should be obvious who the intended target of this childish diatribe is.
    It's not you that's passing judgement though really, the issue is that this person has immediately exploited you comments and twisted them to suit his agenda.

This person has mounted a long campaign of vilification against me for some time now to which I have responded in a very restrained way by comparison.
    I am at least man enough to admit when I have made a mistake and even apologize, unlike this coward.
    This all started when he made a mistake while rather viciously attacking me for a post I made.
    After pointing out his criticism was incorrect he embarked on a campaign of constant attack based on lies and innuendo.
    He is constantly trying to cover his mistakes by claiming he is the victim, attacking others and diverting attention away from his own foolishness rather than just manning up and taking responsibility.

I was responding to the constant, ongoing attacks and yes, I made a mistake in this instance and it was out of character for me to do so, I have conceded this.
    I would have expected better from you Pirocco, I notice the attacks against you and I respect the way you deal with this.
    I have no concern for what people think about me personally but I can not abide dishonorable liars.

Edit.
    I would add that I like your very informative posts Pirocco and hope you continue to post them despite the occasional childish attacks against you. :)

14. Ok Charlie Sheen, time to call your bluff buddy.

You quote "crush you on the forum publicly."

I put it to you that you are a liar.

Give the source of this quote and prove me wrong.

15. pdkbffwleo

pdkbffwleo New Member

It was "destroy," not crush...my bad.

It's important to you, so I just find it funny. LOL

I can forward the e-mails to anyone who cares...but, I'm sure nobody does. I know I don't.

I dismissed you, immediately, because you're not that important.

cheers buddy! Have a good day ole' pal.

Honestly, you should get a hobby. Perhaps, subscribe to 2 or 3 different forums.

I'm sorry you didn't get the humor with "Charlie Sheen." He's a subject of many jokes, but looks like you didn't quite get that one.

I'd explain it to you, but I'm bored already.

16. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

You two need to get your toys back, chill out a little bit and stop arguing on every topic you write posts.

Our old proverb goes like: "smarter ceases".

E.g.:
    Arguing can last indefinitely, so the smarter would quite the debate as it (obviously) lead to nowhere...

17. pdkbffwleo

pdkbffwleo New Member

Yeah man. Trust me on this. I know. Getting tired of logging in, only to find myself being referenced in every single thread, and then 5 or 6 personal messages about "destroying" you on the forum, and using language that isn't appropriate. I'm over it. I truly am. But, after a week of constant harrassment, I feel compelled to stand up for myself.

It's very childish. I know this.

You won't see anything from me again on this topic. It bores me. I wasted 2 mins of my life this morning...

I mean, when I was 18, 2 minutes would go a long way, so to speak ;)

18. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Grow up guys

19. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

At first I thought it would fall below 22 $... Bouncing.

20. Oh, I'll grow up as soon as this lying rodent quits his bullshit quoting.
    Do you expect me to roll over and beg while this bastard continues to slander me?
    Another load of crap that he can't back up but he keeps spouting this crap. This SOB could not lie straight in bed.
    The only honest thing charlie boy has to say is in his description of himself in the signature line, I suppose I should be grateful for that revelation.
    Bamaguy returns under a new name to turn this entire forum into a crap fest.
    Yeah, some joke. Who's laughing?